cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud/Scam

pallavi08
I'm a participant level 2

Some Harry called me on May 11, telling me that I am eligible for a free phone upgrade. I took the offer and got the phone but now I am getting monthly device charges in my bill.  All fido support numers are blocked in my phone. I can call other people but not fido. Call is failing at all these numbers: 1-888-481-3436 and 1-888-495-8501. What kind of scam is going on in Fido?

3 REPLIES 3

pallavi08

I tried *611 and it also fails. Like all fido numbers. I called 1- 888-481-3436  from a friend's phone and talked to someone and he asked me to send my phone to 1595 North service rd E, Door 2, Oakville, ON. Is this a legit Fido's address? Will I get my charges reversed if I send my phone to this address? It looks like Fido's costomer service has been hacked by scammers or Fido has employed scammers. It is very hard to trust anyone anymore. I just want my money back and cut all ties with Fido. What is the best way to do this? I have been Fido's customer for last 8 years. I am so frustrated. They scam you and no one respond to your messages to help you.

Hello Pallavi08,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. I certainly understand your concern. If you contacted customer service yourself, I would suspect the address to be legitimate. It does appear that devices do get sent from CTDI from that address (see here and here). It also appears as though CTDI does indeed have a location in Oakville with that address (see here).

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services, though. We would not be able to verify that address for you with absolute certainty. If you would like further verification, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi @pallavi08 , that sounds very strange and worrisome. Here are ways to contact Fido support that are not phone calls. Also, did you try using *611 from your device? Did that go through? You definitely need some tech support, please try a non phone call path to getting tech support like fidosolutions on Twitter or Facebook.