cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Sim via Manage SIM gives error message: Something went wrong on our end. Check back later or try again.

Sam123s
I'm a participant level 2

I tried to change my SIM card via https://www.fido.ca/self-serve/manage-sim/change-sim but always get an error message on Step 2:  Something went wrong on our end. Check back later or try again.

Sam123s_0-1716825513024.png

I had tried all of the options: 

• eSIM :  both scan a QR code or enter new eSIM number
  • Physical SIM

I also tried it on the web and the app.

All of these option gave me the same error. 

The Manage SIM function was working for me until I ported my number in to Fido. (replacing the current phone number with the one from the other carrier)

Anyone having the same issue?

5 REPLIES 5

You are so welcome. Cheers 

Hi @Sam123s , your best bet is to contact Fido's technical support and have that checked out. Here are ways to contact Fido support. I have had good luck avoiding wait times by contacting fidosolutions on Twitter or Facebook. 

Sam123s

Hi @Original_Lucy ! Thank you for your advice.  I contacted technical support, and they said there was nothing wrong with Fido.

As a developer, I use the browser's developer tool to see what's actually going on. Aha, Fido's server returned an error message saying: 

"status": {
"code": "590.001",
"codeName": "failure"
},
"content": {
"message": "Multiple Current Sim number present",
"uri": "/v2/customer/accounts/<UID REMOVED>==/subscription/<UID REMOVED>==/sim/reservation"
}

So, there are multiple SIM numbers in my account, preventing me from switching my SIM. So I called tech support again to tell them what I found. 

I requested to open a case and get the issue escalated, and they did. A moment later, I got a text message says "Thank you for reporting a problem with your Fido mobile serve. We have investigated your reported issue, but no fault can be found." 

Well, I guess they have no idea what my issue is and were acting like, "Let's get this issue closed and call it a day". 

Is there any Fido CS in this forum that can take this issue? I don't want to waste another hour to call tech support since they have no idea what's happening. 

Thanks

Hi @Sam123s , glad you tracked down the issue. @FidoSolutions. Might be able to assist you with your issue. You can try contacting them here by dm or on Twitter by dm. Hope it gets resolved. 

Sam123s

Thank you so much! I spent lots of time on this issue and was feeling hopeless as none of the CS and tech support understood the problem.