cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud - Ordered a phone

mr42
I'm a participant level 3

Ordered a phone, told that it would arrive in 5 days but would receive a tracking notice. After 5 days, no tracking notice. Logged into account to find that my account had been closed. Informed by phone support that my order had been cancelled and I would need to phone the FRAUD department at 1-888-383-2080.

Why on earth was I flagged for fraud and not notified in any of the multiple forms of contact provided? I also see on this forum that people don't have much luck contacting the fraud dept, with voicemails the only contact method.

Any suggestions?

A very frustrating introduction to Fido.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mr42

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Have you tried calling the fraud team? If you get their voicemail, just leave a message and they'll call you back.

mr42

I contacted them three times. On the third time it worked. Apparently a Fido employee didn't cut-and-paste my phone number properly and it got flagged as fraud.

So I re-ordered and Fido has managed to screw it up. Again.

Sigh.

Hello @mr42

What happened exactly with your re-order? 

mr42

Put me on a phone payment plan when I explicitly requested to buy the phone outright. Hopefully I managed to get this switched yesterday though not yet reflected in My Account. They've certainly charged my credit card. Fingers crossed. Thx.

Thank you for the clarification, it can take sometime before it's reflected on your account. 

If you have any concerns don't hesitate to reach out to customer service and we'll be happy to look into this for you. 

mr42

Well, it took a while and a few more calls but everything seems ironed out.