cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flagged for Fraud - No Response

abeau2019
I'm a participant level 2

Apparently my account has been flagged for a Fraud Alert. I was not given any sort of email notification or call. I had to reach out to Fido to find this out.

Now that I'm trying to resolve the issue, I can't seem to get a hold of anyone. I have left multiple voicemails at multiple numbers (1-888-383-2080, 1-888-381-8076) and have not received a response.

The general help line is unable to take any action, nor are they able to transfer me directly to anyone I can speak to about resolving the matter.

How can I best reach someone so I can actually use the services I'm paying for?

7 REPLIES 7

queenieq

this 1-888-381-8076 number is a fraudulent number. Please be aware!!!

FidoKenny

Hello @abeau2019 and welcome to the Community.

If the validation team contacted you, we will definitely be able to see this on your account.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

abeau2019

No one from the validation team has contacted me. And there's no way to reach anyone on the validation team beyond leaving an answer on their machine. And since I can't use the phone that I've just activated, I'm chained to a landline while I await a call from someone on the validation team.

rampage
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

This is trash.

These bozos flagged my account and I'm trying to port from ROGERS, which I've been with for decades and has more of my data than CRA does.

They literally have all my information to begin with.

I call the fraud line and NOBODY ANSWERS.

It appears that their fraud prevention hotline is actually a fraud itself

I'm tired of the free pass these oligarchs keep getting.

Hello @rampage,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sad to hear you're having a hard time getting in contact with our Fraud department. That shouldn't be the case.

Feel free to reach out over these methods and we'll be happy to look into it with you.

abeau2019

It has now been two days since Fido determined that they were going to cut off my phone service due to a fraud alert. No one from the Fraud Department has contacted me. No one from the Fraud Department has responded to voicemails I have left. There is no one I can actually speak to in the Fraud Department.

Customer service is unable to transfer me directly to this department. I have been told that (i) they will respond during business hours (ii) Carol in the Fraud Department's business hours are 5:00pm to 12:00am. I am constantly having to call and update them based on what other phone I may be able to answer calls from. I am having to schedule my day around waiting for a phone call I may or may not receive.

Hello @abeau2019

I see here that we are talking to you in PM concerning this situation.

I'm sending you a message to continue on this. Talk to you soon.