cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial difficulty, no worries Fido can make it worse

blacklites
I'm a participant level 2

I’m a Fido customer with 3 mobile accounts and internet for a long time , lately they charged my ac 2 x $ 60 in a month for being late in paying my bill. And the worst part they with draw money from my bank account without my consent or authorization and that is illegal . Called them today to waive the penalty and they reject. I asked to cancel all the services and it seemed they don’t care since they approved my request right away.

8 REPLIES 8

blacklites

Helloooo

FidoRania

Hey @blacklites,

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

Just to clarify, we're unable to withdraw money without consent; automatic payments only occur if the customer enables autopay.

We respect our customer's privacy!

Concerning the charges, we understand receiving a bill higher than expected can be surprising. 

If you need further help with your account, please contact us here

Tronca
I'm a contributor level 1

Fido "respect" customer's privacy??? How about you guys keep copies of people's personal data even after the person STOP using Fido and required multiples times to NOT keep copies of personal data, and made clear that I DO NOT CONSENT FIDO TO KEEP ANY COPY OF MY PERSONAL DATA. 

Are you gonna say "I'm sure that's not our intention, we meant well", or are you going to make any false assumptionts to justify situations that you simple do NOT now and was NOT there? 

Respect is how you ACT, not how you label yourself. If FIDO acts with disrespect, can it label it respectful?

Before you become a community manager at Fido, you are a human being. Please DO treat the customers with basic RESPECT and HONOUR. If @blacklites is telling the Truth, it is not your right to dishonour his/her/their Truth. It is not your right to say "that's not possible" when @blacklites is telling you he/she/them is there and experience that.

Fido has been harrassing me by emails phone calls! Stop it! Have respect! Be a human! Have the least amount of humanity!

Hey @Tronca !

We certainly don't wish to invalidate our customers' experiences, but we do want to reassure users that privacy is very important to us.

You can find our privacy policy here.

Should you have any concern about your account, we're available to assist you via one of the methods here

Tronca

😂😂😂 Can't believe it!!!! IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

You don't wish to invalidate your customer's experiences, but you DID IT ANYWAYS. READ conversation history EXACT RIGHT HERE of HOW fido community people JUST DID dishonoured the post owner's experience then another fido person just jumped out labeling Fido OTHERWISE now.

It takes a BRAVE HUMAN to acnkowledge things as it truly happened. And a dishonouring human with no courage to ACT with dishonour and in-validation, but LABEL themselves OTHERWISE.

Respect is how you ACT! Not what you label yourslef!!!  

No more WASTING my time with disrespect, dishonouring people. That's why customers stop responding! Because it's NOT working! 

Fido has been harrassing me by emails phone calls! Stop it! Have respect! Be a human! Have the least amount of humanity!

blacklites

I am sure I never consent or authorized Fido to with draw money from my bank account, youvan check my profile and my account. And this is not proffessional and illegal.  And can you explain why Fido have to charge me $ 60  after they suspended my data and charged me  extra  late payment fees charges.  Anyway my last day of Fido service  is May 26. By not waiving the  2 x $ 60 charges  i am moving my  family 3 cell phones and the  internet to other provider.  Thank you for your concern. Mohammad

Hello Blacklites,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred additional charges on your lines. You should note that these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts so we would not know what those charges you incurred were for.

That said, most providers have a late fee if payments are not received by the due date. As far as I am aware, that late payment charge is 3% per month (see Terms of Service ; section 3c). If your services were suspended due to non-payment, there is a suspension restoral fee (see here).

In your most recent post, you noted being charged after your data was suspended. Most of Fido's plans include Data Overage Protection. Is it possible your data was paused when your normal data allotment was finished and the charge was for the purchase of additional data?

I understand you are intending on cancelling your services. However, if you wanted to discuss your issue, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Tronca

Maybe consult a lawyer and consumer protection. Fido is really unfairly. Time to stand up for yourself and Get your human rights back.