Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FidoTRADE - Fido unable to trade in my old phone

colintam
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Fido,

Two weeks ago, I called to renew my contract. I requested to trade in my old phone for a credit on my new phone. However, the representative told me that FidoTRADE can only be done at a Fido store, which was ok for me.

Today, I went the Carrefour Laval Fido store and the representative there told me that it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to the transaction as the process should be done with the same place that I renewed my contract with (ie. through the customer service by phone). In other words, he can only do the FidoTRADE if I have renewed the contract with him in store. So, I called Fido and explained the whole thing and the representative on the phone restated that he can't help me and that the FidoTRADE have to be done at a Fido store. He even spoke to the saller in store, but no solution came up. At the end, the phone representative just asked us to go to another store to trade in my phone. Note that today was actually the second time that I go to a different Fido store to TRY to have my phone traded in! For both times, no one was able to solve the problem.

All in all, Fido was unable to satisfy the FidoTRADE program as advertised. As a client, I am extremely disapointed and unsatisfied with Fido in which throughout this process has offer no help or advice in trying to solve this problem (by sending me, a good customer, to run in circles when in fact Fido needs to solve this INTERNAL problem).

i am hereby requesting that FIDO look into this issue and honor your FidoTRADE program as advertised. I would be happy to talk to someone who is in a position to solve this problem. i am eagerly awaiting your reply and your solution before I take this issue to the next step.

Best regards,

Colin 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi colintam,

I'd like to apologize for the runaround. I'd also like to clarify that a trade-in must be done at the time of the upgrade. You can find this information by clicking here. It states the following:

Device trade-in credits are applied against the new Fido phone that customers are purchasing when:

• They activate their Fido monthly or Prepaid service, or
  • As actual Fido customers, they renew their Fido service.

This having been said, you would have had to complete the phone purchase at the store in order to be able to trade in your old phone for a credit.

colintam

Hi Stephen, first of all thank you for your fast reply.

Device trade-in credits are applied against the new Fido phone that customers are purchasing when:

I'm not sure of the message that you are trying to tell me. Are you saying that the FIDOtrade is not applicable to me somehow? If so please state the reason, because I am a Fido customer who renewed his contract along with purchasing a new Fido phone which satisfied the above requirement.

At the time that I renewed my contract (two weeks ago) on the phone, the customer service representative told me that it was not possible to do FIDOtrade through him anymore and TOLD me to go to a FIDO store for the trade-in instead. And I accepted his suggestion thinking there would be no issue. Note that I did requested this FIDOtrade with the customer service representative when I renewed my contract.

I would like to have a clear response for this issue:

• Am I qualified for this FIDOtrade program? If not state the reason.
  • How do I actually proceed with this FIDOtrade?

Best regards,

Colin

FidoStephen

@colintam wrote:

Hi Stephen, first of all thank you for your fast reply.

I'm not sure of the message that you are trying to tell me. Are you saying that the FIDOtrade is not applicable to me somehow? If so please state the reason, because I am a Fido customer who renewed his contract along with purchasing a new Fido phone which satisfied the above requirement.

At the time that I renewed my contract (two weeks ago) on the phone, the customer service representative told me that it was not possible to do FIDOtrade through him anymore and TOLD me to go to a FIDO store for the trade-in instead. And I accepted his suggestion thinking there would be no issue. Note that I did requested this FIDOtrade with the customer service representative when I renewed my contract.

I would like to have a clear response for this issue:

• Am I qualified for this FIDOtrade program? If not state the reason.
  • How do I actually proceed with this FIDOtrade?

Best regards,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Sorry if my message was unclear. The FidoTRADE program allows you to trade in your old phone for a credit towards the purchase of a new phone. In order to do this, you would need to trade in your old phone and purchase the new phone at the same time at the store. 

One of the requirements is the purchase / upgrade of a new phone in the store at the time of the trade. 

I'm very sorry if you were told by the representative over the phone that you could do the trade at a later date. I'll gladly see what can be done given the fact that you were misinformed. I have sent you a private message. You will be able to find it in the top right corner of this page.