cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido uses my minutes to receive a call.

Paulie33
I'm a participant level 2

Fido was too expensive for the plan, 60 per month for 6GB and unlimited texts with some minutes maybe 300 I don't remember so I reduced my outgoings by going to a 20-dollar plan were I buy credit from the store to top up each month.

a few days ago I got a call from a friend and it wasn't very long but the call ended because It said I used my minutes even though he called me! Why should it cost my minutes to receive a call? I only get 30 minutes phone call and now I can't receive a call from anyone, A job tried to call me and I missed it, and then my partner cant get through to me and we have vulnerable family members so its important my phone is open atleast to recieving. 20 dollars is alot of money! Also my friend gets unlimied calls and texts and like 10 Gb for 30 dollars a month! I feel like fido is a racket and is just evil and trying to hurt the poorest canadians.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Paulie33,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you were not aware of how most North American providers consider airtime. Unlike some other Countries, most providers in North America consider both incoming and outgoing calls as airtime.

As for Fido:

Airtime.jpg

~taken from Terms of Service; section 3g

That said, some plans include Unlimited incoming calls or even Unlimited calling. From what you note, it sounds like you now have a pre-paid plan. Fido does offer some pre-paid plans which include Unlimited Canada-wide calling. However, if you have a plan which only includes a limited number of included airtime minutes, both incoming and outgoing calls would count against that allotment.

If you have already exhausted your allotment, adding funds to your account (topping up) should allow you to make and receive calls at the rate of 70¢ per min until your next cycle (see Full Details). If you feel you routinely require additional minutes, you might need to consider a plan which includes more minutes.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Paulie33

Hey Cawtau, 

DO you think its okay that I now have no ability to recieve a call? 70c a minute is a joke!! Thats more than 1c a second!! 

its ironic because I tried many times today to call to get a plan! And I cant even call you to give you more money! After xmas I go to Koodo, your very bad service has pushed me away and as Im a young man your company have lost a whole lifetime of money and when my children grow up and I buy them a plan it wont be money for fido now. Its thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars projected into the future and you thow it all away for a very small gain, your type of business is not just criminal its stupid too! 

Hello again,

Firstly, I don't work for Fido. This forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services.

It is unfortunate you chose a plan which only included a limited number of minutes and assumed incoming calls were not included in that allotment. As previously mentioned, Fido does offer some pre-paid plans which include Unlimited Canada-wide calling.

I understand wanting to switch providers out of spite. When you choose your new plan, make sure you understand the plan details and not make assumptions.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers