cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido sim is not working in India

Hims
I'm a participant level 2

I am not getting Fido service in India even roaming is active. Intially it was working with Airtel network but now it is not available. Pls help me in this regards. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

EM2021
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi - did your issue get resolved? My family is in India and unable to connect to Airtel on iphone 8 using fido sim.  Any help is most appreciated.

thanks

Hey @EM2021 and welcome to the Community.

You should be able to connect to the network without a problem. If you are still having trouble using your device, make sure to contact us. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

amahm0786
I'm a participant level 3

Please let me know how this was resolved.

Thank you!

Hims

No. It is not resolved. Looks like it's a common issue with all fido/Roger users in India. 

amahm0786

Which phone do you use? My brother is using an iphone and he gets Airtel network. I use a Huawei P20 android phone and it does not show any network.

amahm0786

Its something to do with FIDO. They are blocking the SIM from registering on any network. I had the same phone and SIM when I was visiting India in May 2020 and It was working perfectly fine then. 

amahm0786

Please let me know if this issue was resolved. My fido sim was working for a couple of days and was registered on the Indian Airtel Network but now its not working. When I try to connect manually to the airtel mobile network it  says forbidden. Please let me know how to resolve this.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Hims,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting to a network while roaming.

In order to better assist you and complete the troubleshooting steps, please reach out to us at these channels.