cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido shipped me a broken phone

Yutao1
I'm a participant level 2

I recently ordered an iPhone 11 Pro (renewed) and received a BROKEN phone. I got it on a good promotion $5.79/mo and asked for an exchange with customer service. After 1 month of waiting, and hours spent on call with customer service, I was told that I would be UNABLE to exchange it for another iPhone 11 Pro because the phone is out of stock. They said the only option was to exchange it for the iPhone 11 Pro (brand-new) for a different price of $11/mo. This is absolutely ridiculous...

Please help moderator, a price match or anything should help, I just want to contact someone who actually has the power to contact the back office team and ask why I was sent a broken phone and help me get either another iPhone 11 Pro (renewed) exchanged or a brand-new iPhone 11 Pro (price match). Getting a broken phone and 1 month of backorder + hours wasted on call is a spit in the face to a long-term Fido customer.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Yutao1

We're sorry to hear that, we can assure you that our Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) devices are tested before they are made available for sale. You can also find more info on our FAQ section on this page.

I personally have bought a CPO phone for my last 2 upgrades and like many other customers had it run smoothly, though I understand that this was not the case for your phone. The good news is that we can assist you with a return or exchange within your satisfaction warranty.

Some things to keep in mind though when completing an exchange:

1. Only one exchange is allowed
  2. You can exchange your phone for the same model (if you'd like a different color)
  3. When exchanging your device for another brand or model, the price of the new phone will replace the previous one

Since the iPhone 11 PRO CPO version and the iPhone 11 new version are not the same, the price won't be the same either. In this case, your phone will be financed at the current price of $11/month for the new model. To keep the same price, you had with the iPhone 11 CPO, you'll need to exchange your current phone for another iPhone 11 CPO model. I understand that the shipping delay due to the backorder is not ideal, but this will guarantee getting the same price at least.

You can reach out to us using these methods to go over your options once more and if you still have any concern about this situation, you can share your feedback with us so we can work towards a resolution.

Yutao1

Hello FidoSaad,

First of all, $5.79/mo was the price I secured for the iPhone. Just because all the available replacements is now out of stock (2. You can exchange your phone for the same model if you'd like a different color), and I received a broken phone, Fido is UNABLE to fulfill the second clause within my satisfaction warranty. You are essentially coercing me into exchanging for another brand or model that is more expensive, despite shipping me a broken phone. How is this fair at all?

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That's definitely not the impression we want to give.

Please note that Certified Pre-Owned devices are available in limited quantities only and some models have been quite popular lately.

However, we can only offer you a device based on what's currently available and this would apply to any device exchange or new phone purchase.

As much as we'd love to provide you with and exchange for the same phone, if it's no longer available you'll need to select another model and the price of the new phone will apply.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Smiley

I hope your situation will be resolved soon Smiley

Have a nice day Smiley