cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido ripping off old customers?

rsa02
I'm a participant level 2

Can anyone on here please help me understand why Fido always looks to rip off old customers? It's absolutely hilarious that almost every single one of their new and much better plans are ONLY for "new activations" or "device upgrades".

Right now, I have two lines with Fido and one of them is stuck on $50 for 4gb of data, FOUR. It's pretty stupid to be paying for such a measly amount of data when they're offering new customers 9gb for the same amount of money. Can anyone help me understand this nonsensical logic?

On a side note, does anyone know how easy/difficult it is to port my numbers from Fido to say Freedom or Telus or anything else for that matter?

22 REPLIES 22

Modsal
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

yes you are right I have been with Fido for 20 years and had 5 lines -but they increased the price on 2 lines with no reason other than those lines were "TARGETTED" for increase-that word alone made be feel threatened and the other lines stuck at 50$ per month with 6 GB-when I asked to go the cheaper plans with higher Gigs they told me I am not eligible. In addition when I chatted or talked to a live person they told me pretty much "ya we don't mind if you switch to another provider" so I did and much happier now. Fido used to have great customer service but now they are rude and very very unhelpful.

Kajen
I'm a contributor level 2

You just need to have your account number. It's done within a few hours.

Your absolutely right. They couldn't careless about their existing customer, it's all about acquiring new ones. My first post explains how low the service is at Fido. Not sure if I'll have access to this forum once I switch over. Just know as per fidos presidents office employees, "it's the industry standard" to focus on new customers. They need to do that to be competitive. If they already have your business, they don't care if you leave. They will charge you more than the competitor, it's pay or leave. 

davedf
I'm a contributor level 1

Feel your pain. I was exactly in the same plan (i recently posted on the forum about my experience).. As per your question on how easy is to port to another carrier, I port over to virgin and it took less than an hour on a weekend.

hope it helps!

Kajen

Was just looking at their plans. How's the network, I'm assuming it's good cause their network was up when Fido and Rogers crashed the last couple of times. I'm gonna drop by before Friday and get this done.

FidoAnthony

Hey @rsa02,

We definitely want to provide our existing customers with the best prices and offers. We would love to look over your account in order to find the best deal for you. 

In order to get this process started, you will need to reach out to us here or we can send you a private message via the community.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed. 😃

alicedoisme

Hi Anthony,

Wondering if you cah help me with the new plan of black friday $30 for 20gbs?

rsa02

Hi Anthony,

I did reach out to customer care on chat, they weren't of much help, unfortunately, although they did help me out with some bonus for 2 months. I'm ok to chat on PM as well, however, I think that Fido should give offers to their existing customers too and not just new ones. This ploy was used on me a few months ago with some "bonus" data for a new activation. Since then, plans have only gotten better and I feel ripped off

Kajen

Wake up. Your feeling ripped off because your being ripped off. I would look to switch. Service is terrible. There no accountability, can't get accurate info from anyone. 

Great! I've sent you a PM. Talk to you there!😃

Jessayy

I have a concern aswell, I just upgraded my phone from an Iphone 6 to a S10. I was not allowed to keep my old plan, which kind of ticked me off. I had a $50 for 5 GB of data and was forced a downgrade because "we no longer carry small plans." so now I'm paying the same amount for less data, that makes sense.

Now I see that you have a $50 for 9GB of data, I tried to switch it through the online interface however it doesn't seem like you allow it because it's for phone upgrades or new plans only?

My phone is literally less than a month old and haven't paid my first bill yet for it, I would like to switch to this plan as I literally just had a phone upgrade, or because I decided to stick with Fido and upgrade a new phone with them a bit earlier than the promotion will I be punished for that? If so that would be extremely unfair and questionable on marketing techniques.

Jessayy

Just to update: I contacted support and had it resolved. Very satisfied.

Hey @DaveF

Sorry to learn that you decided to leave us. If you change your mind, we would be happy to have you back.

@Jessayy

I'm glad to find out everything was resolved on your end.

RaddiantYapper

I got a phone from them I me minuet after I ahve it in my hands it black screens cannot get it to work amdnfido has offered me no help at all just run around BS every single time which is sickly that they do not care to help amd I am stuck with a phone that is F'd up I think they should at rlata allow to send it in amd trade it for a new Phome as that is stupid not to help or care just spew out the same tired **bleep** over and here get it caring about old customers 

Tickedoff01

I'm having same problem upgrade my phone online on their fido app get the phone 3 days later delivered by purolator phone box is rattling inside cardboard box no packing around phone when I opened it put battery in phone and have to charge it comes on and theres a white spot on screen I call complaints department they tell me to take to fido store to confirm there is a problem with the phone I do and store confirms its a bad pixel i call back to tell you and get told your emailing me postage i have to print off my computer put it on box and mail it back its been almost 3 weeks and the phone I sent back has not been taken off my account and i cant get another because it's being investigated ? my phone has a bad battery and was the only reason I was upgrading im 54 years old been a long time customer and am very disappointed with this service should have just went in to the store but I thought I would use the online option to upgrade through the app and have had nothing but problems 

Hey there @Tickedoff01

Sorry to hear about your defective phone. 

We would generally complete an exchange for your defective device by sending you a new phone, and including a waybill return to ship back your defective phone (first phone ordered). This allows you to complete the exchange while having a new device handy.

Based on what you've described though, it seems that you're returning the device without an exchange. Doing so will revert all the changes you've recently made when upgrading your device and until the device is received by our warehouse, you won't be able to finance a new phone.

Keep in mind that you can track your shipment using the tracking number provider with the waybill you've printed. This will confirm if the device has reached our warehouse or not. Also, the return is processed within 10 business days from the day we receive it, though we try to do this as quickly as possible.

That being said, you've also mentioned your shipment is being investigated. Can you please clarify? Has your shipment been lost by the courrier service perhaps?

If you'd like us to follow up on the situation or review the latest updates, you can reach out to us on these channels and we'll be happy to look into it.

Tickedoff01

When I told them at the store about my frustration and was going to find another provider they told me if I did that I could be still be

charged for the phone I mailed back 😠 

Hey @RaddiantYapper,

That's definitely not the way we want you to feel. Rest assured we value our existing customers and we're always looking to provide the best offers, promotions and service to all our customers. 

That said, we can definitely look over your account with you. Feel free to reach out to us through these channels in order to look into the situation with you. Alternatively, we can send you a private message via the community.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.😃

RaddiantYapper

And how would you help huh every time I ask for help I get the rum around them get suggested things I cannot pyschially do all the time that is disgusting and then your helpers who are not good at all think they helped them disconnect and ahve to start the BS all over agin getting no help you also shun your long ti customers for newer ones given them deals amd treating them good whole is loyal and long term ones get nothing that is not right there m th the least how about you offer axtual help and not say we can figure this out every time them give em no help and hat is so adult amd disgusting amd your service it tanks in the negative it gives no help to me at all just means does a complete run around then poof they think we helped when you ahve done jack all every time 

Kajen

You described Fido nicely. Your absolutely right, they don't care at all. You should read my first post. They have put me in a very bad spot. I was on other forums and a few people were nice enough to recommend some good plans with alternative companies. Cheaper and. More reliable. The service can't get any worse than here. Will let you know how it goes with porting the number over

Hey @RaddiantYapper

Sorry to see you feel this way. We woul be happy to go over your account to see your options.

There's a PM coming your way. Talk to you soon.