Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido referral bonus - not applied

hsharpreet
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Fido team,

I have referred my friend around a month ago and received email with subject " You just got rewarded". I tried speaking with rep but she confused me a little on the $$ value.

• Is the referral bonus $50? OR is it equivalent to bill amount of primary line? OR all lines combined (and maxxed at $50?) ?
  • I cannot see bonus credit in my account even after 2 weeks receiving the email - please apply to my account directly.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @hsharpreet 

The refer-a-friend program give 1 month of free service. Normally it's could take some months to apply the free month once your friend is refered. But if your friend stay with Fido, you will get the free month and your friend too! Just be patient Smiley

Have a nice one Smiley

bestanswer-fidostyle.pngmore-fidostyle.png 

desmat

@khouya wrote:

Hi @hsharpreet 

The refer-a-friend program give 1 month of free service. Normally it's could take some months to apply the free month once your friend is refered. But if your friend stay with Fido, you will get the free month and your friend too! Just be patient Smiley

Have a nice one Smiley

bestanswer-fidostyle.pngmore-fidostyle.png 

This is a bs..

I was referred by someone 4months ago..

And then i referred someone 3months ago.

But i have not recieved any of those 2 credits..

Even contacted customer service last month and they opened a ticket but nothing happened after that.

So i am planning to move away from fido for this neglect of customer's respect by them.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hsharpreet,

Congratulations on getting rewarded with the Refer-a-Friend program! Unfortunately, I don't think that particular bonus offer is available anymore. As far as I am aware, it ended Dec 31, 2020 (see here). The current Refer-a-Friend offer is a free month of service (up to maximum of 5 mts) (see also here). That could be the reason for the confusion.

Once a referral has been verified, you and your friend should receive the bonus free month within 2-3 billing cycles (see FAQ link above). You should be able to check the status of your referral here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

desmat

This is a bs..

I was referred by someone 4months ago..

And then i referred someone 3months ago.

But i have not recieved any of those 2 credits..

Even contacted customer service last month and they opened a ticket but nothing happened after that.

So i am planning to move away from fido for this neglect of customer's respect by them.