cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido preferred to lose a customer over a $20 dollar credit during pandemic

jricopuerto1
I'm a participant level 2

I have been a customer of Fido for so many years. I called them today hoping that they can assist me with financial difficulty amid the pandemic everybody in the world is facing.

I called today and spoke with the customer service and later spoke with someone through live chat unfortunately she too provided with no help. My request was at first to cancel my daughter’s phone number that has a plan of $20 as the service will not be used since schools are closed and to help me with financial burden as I am staying at home with no pay. The only reason I got her a phone was for us to track her when she walks back home from school.  The rep suggested to put a temporary suspension for a small fee which i was delighted of since i get to have it back when the school returns on September. However, the issue comes when he said that  my new billing cycle starts today as it ends every 26th cycle. He said he can do it for next month as the new cycle has already started and he cannot do anything about it. I said that is fine as long as for next month I get the credit back for $20 since service was not needed, they can cut it off immediately and charged me but they have to give me a credit next billing. He refused to provide me a credit, so i said would you prefer me to cancel the service then instead of helping me out and he said he doesnt mind doing it.  Fido preferred to lose a long time customer over a $20 dollar credit that was not actually a credit as service was not used. 

So I guess its about time I switch to a different provider. 

2 REPLIES 2

jricopuerto1

I have been with Fido so many years and I thought that I already have the best deal that any other provider can provide, i was wrong! just shopped around and there were better deals out there.

A bit of advise... shop around!

Hey @jricopuerto1! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your financial difficulties. This is certainly not an easy time for anyone.

I'll be happy to take a look at your options to ease your burden, if you like. For that, I'll need access to your account. If you would like to proceed, please let me know and I'll send you a PM via the community.

I hope to chat with you soon!