cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido mobile internet never shows 4g ?

R63
I'm a participant level 2

I have been living in mississauga(square one/cooksville area- ZIP CODE L5B 3Z2). I have been using Fido since 2018.

I hardly get 4g internet in my phone. Mostly it shows H/H+ and often switches to 3g. The speedtest results show download/upload speed of 0.1 to max 2mbps - which is obviously very very slow and when it switches to 3g it dows not even load a webpage.

Why FIDO mobile intrenet is so dead slow?

I contatced the customer care, but they could/did not do anything.

Anyone having the same issue ?20210429_193643.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

R63

Thank you very much for your reply.

This was very informative and helpful.

I checked and the issue is with my device frequency.

I tested the sim with galaxy s10 and the result was 20mbps download and 15mbps uplaod which is pretty good for mobile internet.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello R63,

Welcome to the community!

Had you never been able to access the LTE network? What phone are you using? From your screen capture, it appears you're using a dual-SIM phone. In addition, most global version phones tend to use 4G to denote the LTE network. Is your phone a global version? Have you verified that your phone has compatible bands/frequencies? You can verify those bands/frequencies here.

If your phone only has some of the compatible bands/frequencies, you should note that coverage would depend on corresponding bands/frequencies used at your surrounding cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area towers here.

Have you verified your phone is using the proper APN? Since the device is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify those settings here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers