cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido home phone

EhabS
I'm a participant level 3

Worst experience ever. So many normal home phone functions are not supported. Sales person never told about. Tech support needed to search the web to find out if it support fax or not. Never get a green sugnal bars even beside the window in the main floor. Dial tone is not steady for the first few seconds. No solution.

9 REPLIES 9

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi EhabS. I'll try to assist you in troubleshoot. 

First could you confirm the home phone model please? 

it is the WF720
WCDMA/GSM Fixed Wireless Terminal ?
Are you using DSL or dial up internet?

I've read that the home phone should be close to your modem for top bars optimal reception..I say this cause you know reception is not only related to being close to window consequences.

I've read in the forum that previous forms of Fido home phone in 2014 did not offer fax or home security system subset. I'm not sure if this has changed now depending on your model some of my colleagues will be able to help you further and I can reply with your proper user manual.With best regards,

Scooby

EhabS

Thanks, 

The model is ZTE

Hey @EhabS!

@Scooby-Doo, you are correct, fax machines aren't supported with our Wireless Home Phone, however internet modems shouldn't have an effect as the home phone modem has a Fido SIM card inside. 

That said, you should be seeing the the signal bars and they should light up.Have you contacted us to look into having the modem swapped? From what you're describing, it seems it may be defective and if you've had it under a year we can swap it for you. 

EhabS

Also, how would I know if the device is defective?

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @EhabS

As Scooby-Doo mentioned, you can find basic troubleshooting steps in the device's user guide.Just to clarify, has the device ever worked before? Also, did you try rebooting it and moving it to a different location in your house? 

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @EhabS 

Thank you for your updates on your situation with the home phone model ZTE.

In your particular situation meaning with a main line security system you could look at other modules upgrade to render your security update with your mobile phone please verify with your security system. I have had to update mine with a VOIP. This route can be as expensive as a new system in some cases  you will have to decide.

The contract fine print should specify what is expected as far as capabilities. In this case no fax can't be sent or received from this home phone but now a days you can find an online fax provider if this is a service you particularly require. I recommend Efax.

Please follow this link for the ZTE Fido home phone troubleshooting here at the bottom of the page you can download the user manual which will provide all details on the ZTE equipment.

It seems the connection problems originate from the location and not the line itself so either the equipment or its setup please narrow this down by first insuring it is not the setup then technical support can help with equipment replacement or further troubleshoot.

Please don't hesitate to contact if you require any further information.

EhabS

Simply, the sales person should have told us that.

EhabS

Also, it doesn't support security panel communication. 

EhabS

Thanks,

Solid orange bars, not green as I was told by the tech support.