cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido employee cheated on me for plan purchase

Lijuan1974
I'm a participant level 2

I have been with Fido for over 10 years.  
I purchased a promotion plan on October 1st 2022 which was posted on the black board in the shop located in Devonshire mall in Windsor. The plan says 20 GB only for $30 with your own device, and the promotion is done on October 3rd.  The employee -his name called Ben confirmed with me and taking care of the process. He let me signed digitally.  But after I used 10GB, my data was locked. I called customer service and was told that I was used up my monthly data. I went to my account and found that my plan is totally different. I called customer service again and was told to contact the shop. I went there but was told to deal with the one who did the work for me. I went there today again, when ask the Ben how, he totally denied. I was so shocked and sad, I couldn't believe there's a person like that: he can lie in front of me. I didn't loose my temper but the security person required me to leave. It seems Ben already konw I will be there and the security is prepared. 
I was so disappointed and felt helpless, my whole body was shaking, couldn't believe this was real happened to me.  I switched several plans and phones during these years, from 2 GB to 9 GB, I always choose to have a new device with the plan. This time I didn't because of the employee convinced me to use my old phone to get the 20GB., but he actually didn't do. Nowadays everywhere has wifi: my home, my work place, most public places. I can stay with no data but do not cheat.
I am planning to file the consumer complaint if nobody is here to help.

7 REPLIES 7

madsearching

Yes, I got the same feeling. my friends not even a long term user, they could get better plan with same money $35 and get 20GB data 4G LTE or 5G speed (can't remember exactly). I pay $35 and only get 3GB 3G speed. what a joke. contact the customer service multiple times, they only shoot me the plan with expensive price.  so if that's the case, why people should stick? which makes me feel bad to convince the other two friends to join fido. 

FidoVanessa

Hey @Lijuan1974

We're sorry to hear about your recent experience. Our goal is to be transparent with our customers and this is not the kind of service we aim to provide.

The goal of our Community is to offer peer-to-peer support, therefore, if you need to speak with a Fido representative, we suggest you call us or reach out on social media. You can find our contact information here: www.fido.ca/contactus.

Lijuan1974

I called customer service two times, the only answer is to contact the shop

madsearching

they told me the same thing as well. 

Have you also checked with customer service if another similar offer was available for you? 

I'm sure they could go over some options with more data. Smiley

Lijuan1974

My main focus is not about the plan or data, as I said I have been with 2 GB for years, I can live without data even but no cheating. The unbelievable truth is the employee's cheating and his attitude: he did this in purpose, and the prepared security didn't let me talk. It's a bully! I will keep to seek help somewhere else. 

Hey @Lijuan1974,

I'll send you a Private Message here on the community so we can take a closer look at the account with you.

Talk soon!