Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido don't care about loyal customers any more

mayur763425
I'm a contributor level 1

Here is what happened. 

I am a fido loyal customer since last 7-10 years. At the current moment have a fido internet with 50% discount for a year. This is my last month with that promotion. I am seeying fido is offering the same discount to the new activations and also 150$ gift card. Inhave been calling fido for the same reason since last two months or so. Every time I called i got the responce that you still have Months to go. Call us back on the last month and if the same promotion is going on we will be hapy to offer you with no reason. The last time i called on November 4 and the supervisor offrt me some kind of promotion which was not the same what i was asking. And he told me to call again when i see this promotion again. So i have decided to call again and ask for that. When i called the aswer i got is it is for the new activation only and we can't offer you that. I was speaking to customer service. She aggreed with me that it is not right to the loyal customer of all the new customers are getting it. I asked her that i ned to speak to the manager or supervisor who can help me out for this. I hold for almost 1 hour and get to know that there is an technical issue and supervisor will call me back. After spending 1.5 hours on holding with her i got that kind of answer. But i do get a phone call from the supervisor. We some kind of arguments regarding this and she was kept saying me regarding policy. She agreed with the another alternative. Which is cancel the line and reactivate the new line. But due to covid it will take time as we are not accpting the modems directly. Yo have to send it via courier. So the process for cancellations will take @ a week. And than after we can reactivate the account with the same address. So the end result is same. I can get the same plan but i have to go through this hassel of cancelling it and activating the new account in this covid time. So they do not care about the loyal customer and their hassel. They just need the new customers to join them. I aske her even that i can speak to some one in retantion or layalty department who can understand what is going on and their policy is wrong for the loyal customer. She said she is the supervisor for all the department and she is the last person who I can speak with. There is no one above her whom i can talk with. 

In the sum up fido don't care if they are loosing the loyal customer. Only thing they care about their policy. And i do not understand what kid of policy is this which has the same end result and customer has to go through the hassel speacially in this covid time. I would be happy to switch to another supplier instead of going through this hassel. 

I would like to know from the loyal customers that if they are facing the similar issues like this or it is just me. 

Also they have just 1 person e.g. supervisor of all the department  who make this kind of decision. There is no one who can take care of the customer if customer is not happy with the answer what he)she is getting from that supervisor.

9 REPLIES 9

mayur763425

Hi Claudia/ Philippe,

I think you are saying one thing and Mr. Pierre telling me that it is not possible. I am not certain who can help. If you huys can see what he told me on the private message is the same thing for what i have started this topic. I thought Claudia was vlose with the solution when she said she will help me out in new activation befire i cancel the current account. That way i don't have to be without the service. I got the private message from Mr Pierre and i am not certain that he is saying the same thing or not.

mayur763425

Hi Philippe,

Thank you for the response. But i am not certain on where can I see the PM. I was waiting fir the email or something. But if you can guide me i will response to that message. 

Hey @mayur763425! I've replied to your PM. Smiley

mayur763425

Hi Claudia,

I am waiting from you.

Hey @mayur763425! Philippe here.

We've sent you a PM from the community already. Just reply to it at your convenience and we'll do our best to help you. Smiley

mayur763425

Hi Claudia,

That is not what have been told to me. As per the the supervisor Priyanka, in order to get the new modem i have to cancel my current account. For that i have to send my old modem first via courier. And they will open the package after 4 days due to covid. After opening and recieving the modem fido will start the process of cancellation. And than after I can get the new modem( account) send to the same address. Which means I have to be without the service for around a week. 

I asked her that if i can cancel it today for the end of this month and mean while apply for new account and get the modem before my service get cancelled. So i can plug the new modem once i curior the old modem out. And call the fido to activate new modem with the new activation service. 

But as per her that is not possible due to fido' s policy of new activation in a same address. 

Thanks for clarifying. We could start up the activation of the new account first though, so that you're not left without a service. 

If you still need help with this, please don't hesitate to get back to us in private so we can look into it. 

mayur763425

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for the help. I would love to get contacted in private. This is my last month. I would like to set up the new account before january. Let me know how i can contact you directly. 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @mayur763425,

We thank you for sharing your feedback, we're always looking to hear from our customers and improve.

I assure you that our existing customers mean a lot to us and we value your loyalty. Although different promotions will have different eligibility criteria and we sometimes have acquisition promotions, we're always aiming to offer the absolute best deals to our existing and new customers. As much as we'd love to be able to apply that specific deal to your account, it is currently available only with new activations, however, we also have different promos available for our existing customers as well.

The solution you were offered is really the best option in this case. I do want to mention though that it would only take 1-2 days for you to receive your new modem and would then simply have to return your old modem by mail.