Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido cheat on friend refral bonus

srajkotia
I'm a participant level 3

Hello,

Just want to let everyone know that if you want to use friend refrel make sure priro to activate your account with Fido you complete paper work done. 

While i transfer my number from freedom to Fido, they promise on phone to me that they will give me and my friend 50$ credit after i activate sim card. 

Yesterday i activate my sim card and today i call them back for friend refral credit, but today the gentalman on phone from Fido told me that they can not credit friend refral once the sim card is activate. 

I have requested them to go through all past communication recording and find out the truth but i dont think that they are willing to pay me the credit. 

On the first day they also promise me that the monthly charges will be 35$, but yeterday the lady from fido informe that its only for 10 months. 

All i want you to know that when speaking to Fido make sure either you record the call or ask them to give you everyting in writting by email what ever they promise you. 

While I am writting this, I am waitng to speak to manger on phone and not sure how long I have to wait. 

5 REPLIES 5

srajkotia

I waited 2 hrs to speak to manger and it was so rude on other side and they are not willing to email me what ever they promice. They promice that the activation charges will be waved after two or three month but they are not sure weather it will be two month or three month. I think its wasting of time and money with them. 

Hey @srakotia

We cannot send outgoing emails. Let us know if the credit is applied after 3 months!

srajkotia

Nick,

At time of opening accoutn they also promise me that my activation fees will be waved, but today I received by bill and I see they charge me 45$ activation charges on it. This is another lie. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @srajkotia!

For our refer a friend promotion, for a limited time, you and a friend can get $50 if you refer someone to Fido or if you get referred.

The way it works is that the referral must be done before you activate. The person referring must go to fido.ca/refer and register and send an invitation to whomever they wish to refer to Fido. From there, once the person being referred gets their invite they must go to the same site to complete the registration.

If these steps aren't followed, then the $50 referral credits cannot be applied, it must be done that way.

I do hope this helps clear things up a little, the promotion has certain requirements and they do have to be met.

srajkotia

hello,

Now I know the procedure. but at time when i ask your agent they did not tell me right path to follow. they promise that it will be added after activation of sim card. it was clear lie to your customer.