Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido charged twice

dlkt
I'm a participant level 1

To whom this may conern,

Why does it show that Fido has charged me twice this month for the same amount under the name of Fido MACC?

3 REPLIES 3

Dana28

I did not sign up for pre authorized payments recently. My acct has been that way for years. Still my CC statement shows two transactions. One is the usual one and one that is pending us for Fido MACC. Will this resolve by itself or do I need to worry?

Hello @Dana28 

To go over your payment history, we will need access to your account. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dlkt,

Welcome to the community!

MACC stands for Monthly Automatic Credit Card (see here). Had you recently signed up for pre-authorised payments? If you have recently signed up for pre-authorised payments, two charges might show with the same amount because one is usually pending. As far as I am aware, the MACC charge is temporary to verify the card is capable of processing the charge. Once the payment actually goes through, the pending charge should automatically be cancelled. You might consider verifying the pending charge is no longer on your account after a few days.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers