cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido changed my roaming settings without permission.

mattonm
I'm a participant level 2

Last year, while in Cuba, I sent 3 text messages and was billed an extra $25.  I consider that to be highway robbery!

I called and told them that I never asked to be enrolled in their roaming service and to un-enroll me from it.

They did and also put a roaming block on my account.

Now, a year later, I find that I am once again enrolled in roaming and the roaming block has been removed.  I discovered this when camping on the Ontario side of the St. Lawrence river.  My phone connected to a U.S. cell tower.  I received notification from Fido that roaming is enabled.  Luckily I didn't call or text while camping, otherwise I would have been charged an unreasonable amount again for a few text messages.

Yesterday I spoke with a smooth talking Fido rep who somehow convinced to stay enrolled in fido roaming.  This morning after giving my head a shake, I called back and spoke with a no nonsense rep who took me off of fido roaming and put the roaming block back on my account.  

If fido changes my roaming settings again, I will find another service provider!

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mattonm,

Welcome to the community!

Had you changed your plan since you were in Cuba? If you did, it's possible the change in plan reactivated Fido Roam since that service is included with many of the newer plans. If that's the case, you might need to request a roaming block after any plan changes you make.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

mattonm

NO! There were no changes to my plan, which is why I'm so concerned.  I do not want any changes to my plan without my concent!

Hello again,

Your best option would be to contact customer service to have to verify whether your roaming had changed. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers