Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Call Forwarding for Prepaid Customers

netmind
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I'm a prepaid customer ($.40 anytime prepaid).  I'm a old time cusmtomer and used to be able to do conditional call forwarding to my work phone (ie when my phone is off/unreachable, busy, or no response).  However recently I discovered it wasn't forwarding my calls.

I am able to set a unconditional call forward but not the conditinonal ones.  I get a cryptic message about MMI error or something.  Is Conditional Call Forwarding available to prepaid customers?  Note I used to be able to do this on fido and current can do UnConditional Call Forwarding.

I've read the help page but it doesn't specify for prepaid customers.

http://www.fido.ca/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=GCT_Support&template=addon&sub_template=pre...

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Netmind,

Welcome to the community!

The page you referenced describes the call-fowarding for Prepaid services. One thing to note, do you have voicemail? As far as I am aware, the By the Minute (40¢ Anytime) now includes voicemail. If that's the case, conditional call forwarding will not work (see link you posted). You might consider contacting customer service or sending a moderator a PM to see if they can disable your voicemail.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @netmind!

@Cawtau is correct Smiley If you have Voicemail, then conditional call forwarding will not work. If that's the case, we can always disable your voicemail.

Let us know if that's the case and if you'd like to do that! To disable it you can reach out to us on these channels. 

Keep us posted Very_Happy

A97
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I'm having a problem where my phone shows call forwarding is completely disabled. I have basic voicemail service, I can't turn it back on, says MMI code error. Recieved instruction email from Fido rep, but getting MMI code error. How can I fix this? Thanks

Hello A97,

As mentioned above, conditional call forwarding won't work with voicemail (see also here). You would need to contact customer service to have them disable voicemail. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers