cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido billing error

davidkan
I'm a contributor level 1

My last billing shows charges of $3.30 for a 6 minutes call to Gainsvl Florida USA on Sep 25 2020.

I have no connection to that call and I never made that call. Similar incident as such happened to me some time before.

I am requesting this charges be reversed and credit back to my account.

Thanks.

P Kan 

14 REPLIES 14

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @davidkan Smiley

If a call appears on your invoice then it would be a call that's been from the SIM card and device registered to the account. 

We'd love to get to the bottom of things with you though! 

Do you remember making any calls to numbers that were new to you or that you didn't recognize on that day? Also, have you gone back on your phone to view your call history?

Keep us posted! 

davidkan

I never made that call and I have no connection with Florida of USA.

Did you check your phone history or do you remember calling any other numbers new to you on that day @davidkan?

The reason we ask is because it may be something you called unknowingly. For example, it may be a support number or a customer care number for a service.

Have you tried looking up the number to see if it belongs to any sort of company? That may give you an idea of what the call was for. 

davidkan

# belongs to LYFT like Uber in Florida. I didn't make the call and I was not in Florida.

davidkan

My patience is running out for your $3.30 over charge. I may cancel my service with Fido in time.

davidkan

You should not asked me to check out the# in question belongs to who. You should be the one that.

Hey @davidkan

Is Lyft a service you use? If that's the case, did you ever have to call them?

davidkan

Lyft is in Florida USA and I am in Vancouver BC. Why would I called them.

Lyft is available in Vancouver. If it's a service you use, it's possible you would have called their support line or simply called a driver back. As it is a company based in the US, it is possible the number they use would be a US number.

davidkan

You are wasting my time

Hey @Davidkhan

Is it possible that someone would have had access to your phone?

davidkan

It's a ligitimate question. My answer is: No one has access to my phone.

Hey @davidkan! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

We'd have to take a look at your account to check-out the charge in detail then. You can contact us here for that or request a PM from the community.

davidkan

I have never used Lyft or others like Uber in my life. The bottom line is I didn't make that call. Pls don't waste my time for this lousy $3.30 credit request. I will consider cancelling my services with Fido in time. Thanks.