cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Setup service fee

Lloydy
I'm a participant level 2

So yesterday I went into a Rogers store and decided to switch both my mobile service and internet service over to Rogers. While doing the paperwork the sales rep told me that he couldn't access the connection fee ($50) waive option on the system so told me to contact customer support and they would waive it. I called customer service who told me that they could not waive the fee without a code being entered into the notes submitted. They suggested that I contact the store to add a note or the store call customer service to discuss this issue. I called the store back yesterday after that and they said they have never heard of them having to contact customer service for this issue. So I called customer service back and they couldn't get into the system. Spent 30 minutes for nothing. I called customer service again today and they told me that the store needs to issue the connection fee waive. I called the store back today and spoke to the individual who waited on me and he said today that he only suggested I try and have customer service waive the fee and never said that it was a for sure. Now I was led to believe that this fee was going to be waived when I signed the paperwork and now feel I was misled and tricked. This waiving of the fee was actually what made me agree to the deal.  I told the rep today that I would be calling his manager on Monday to see what they are going to. Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Lloydy,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. Did you switch your services to Rogers or to Fido? I understand Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers, but they are maintained and operated separately. If you moved your services to Rogers, you would need to contact their customer services for assistance. You may also wish to consult their forum for additional information.

Generally however, getting services through a store or with customer assistance (ie Live Chat or customer service) would incur set-up or activation charges. Only self-serve options would waive those fees. That said, occasionally some stores may offer promotions to waive those fees as well. If that is the case, the store would need to enter the code in the system for the fee to be waived.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you may have misunderstood the the store individual mentioned regarding waiving the fee. Alternatively, it also sounds like they might have misled you. If the latter is the case, I would definitely discuss the matter with the store manager.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Lloydy

Thanks for the response. Yes sorry it is with FIDO I think of them as one in the same. I e spoken with customer service and the store numerous times and everything is leading me to the store to resolve this issue. I spoke to the manager this morning and he said there's nothing he can do about it and he doesn't recommend his reps to give the impression that there is ways to get deals. Well I told him that the rep actually in saying that I could receive this rebate is what sold me on purchasing both packages. I spoke to the rep again and he is now saying he didn't say that I would get the rebate.....he said I might. I said that I'd not how I perceived it and asked why he wrote the customer service number on my invoice if the rebate wasn't going to be waived. I am now waiting for the district manager to contact me. Not a good beginning to this new endeavour