cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Referrals not applied

amitkamath85
I'm a participant level 2

Its seems the customer support over referral program is bad and pathetic. I'm so embarassed in front of my friend as we both are not getting the one month credit as per program. Simply wasting my time on escalting issues (I2050156449) and filling up the referral issue form. I dont understand how its denied ( Customer Care Issue [#277338]) after providing all the relevant details. I get the email confirmation (Thanks for referring one of your friends! ) after him joining Fido which took lot of convincing power and after 2 months Fido has no idea if I even referred any. Disgusting and simply insane where I'm spending my valuable time behind this . I'm being asked all details (number/account and what not). Pls address issue immediatley as all details are provided in the escalation. 

6 REPLIES 6

amitkamath85

Thanks for your response @Original_Lucy 

There is no status available on the link. I only get this message on putting my details. " You're already signed up to refer your friends".  The issue is I cannot seem to expect them crediting after 3 months as they denied and cancelled my referral without any looking into details or justifying the cancellation. They didnt have a record on somone being referred even after providing all the details. The only tip I have is to keep my friends away from Fido referral scams. 

Hello Amitkamath85,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you have not been able to avail of the Refer-a-Friend program. There are specific requirements for eligibility for both referrer and referree. You can view information regarding the program here. You can also view the Terms & Conditions of the program here.

@amitkamath85 wrote:

...They didnt have a record on somone being referred even after providing all the details....

One possibility might be you or your friend submitting a temporary number. When signing up for services, you (or your friend) would have been provided with a number. If the intention was to port a number from a different provider, that number given to you or them would have been temporary  until the porting process completed. If a temporary number was submitted, that could account for why there was no record of the ported-in number. Unfortunately, if the number provided to the Refer-a-Friend program was the one initially given by Fido (ie temporary), both referrer and referee will not be able to avail of the reward:

Refer a Friend.jpg

~taken from here.

Is it possible that a temporary was used rather than the number you or your friend currently uses?

I understand you may have already contacted them, however, if you would like to query a specific referral, you would need to contact the Refer-a -Friend support team. That said, if they have already deemed your referral as ineligible, I'm not sure re-contacting them would change much.

As Original_Lucy noted, the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you have other specific account issues, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

amitkamath85

Hi @Cawtau  There was no temporary number submitted or port was done. The couple was a new comer to Canada. I had referrred them to Fido and an new account under their name with a new number was assigned. All the process was completed by the agent at Kiosk at Costco and we followed instructions step by step. I dont get why multiple teams are being told to me to contact, There should always be one source to intake the issues and Fido should internally escalate or manage the issues by raising it to various teams they have. Its not a problem of customer who is already running pillar to post here and kill his valuable time.  The referral team denies without giving any justification  and this is what the problem is. I'm giving them more details for manual reassesmsent but I fail to undertand how complex it is. His account and my account has all the details and still internal teams cannot access right info they need. I understand that Forum is not the customer service but I wanted to raise this in Forum as I believe similar problem have been there with Referral program and users are looking for right solutions to end this or deal this.  I'm sure if I ask them to refer cancellation team, I would get the credit processed next day or it would get some attention. Is that how Fido system works?

I apologise if this is not the reason why the forum is here. Please feel free to ignore if my post is irreleavent or doesnt meet the guideline.

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, we would not know of the reasons your referral was not eligible. However, I do know that the requirements were quite specific. That said, I do believe the that particular program has now ended (see here).

@amitkamath85 wrote:

...I apologise if this is not the reason why the forum is here. Please feel free to ignore if my post is irreleavent or doesnt meet the guideline.

No need to apologise. You are most welcome to post your issues and concerns in the forum to share with the community. I only mentioned that this venue is not for customer service since we would not be able to actually address your issue. Please feel free to continue to contribute to the community!

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

So sorry it didn't work out for you @amitkamath85  

Good morning @amitkamath85 , sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your referrals. This isn't a venue for account support, as we are a community forum of fido customers helping each other out with questions and tips. You will still have to contact Fido support for discussion about your account. Have you checked status of your referral using the initial link that was sent to you? You can use This  link to check the status yourself. I believe when I referred someone it took 3 months to complete. Best regards