cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Protection plan: What phone will I get?

Swap22
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello 

I have Fido protection plan where it covers stolen and lost phone through bright star. 

I lost my iPhone 6s Plus 64GB  in bus and I don’t think it would be found. So if I go through the device protection I know I will get the same phone for replacement. But if they don’t have it then they will give 7 Plus.   

Is is there any way to find out what phone I could get ? If someone done it recently .. Because if it’s same phone then might as well spend $200 more and Try to find one on kijiji .

any info on this be great 

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Swap22!

Welcome to the community. Smiley

I suggest you call Brightstar and ask them directly. They're the ones who manage the program and will be in the best position to answer you about that. You can reach them at 1-866-327-3399.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Swap22

Yeah I called but they are like we can’t tell you because you don’t belong to brightstar   It’s through Fido so you have to make a claim first before we can do something ..

Swap22

Also do the phone get blacklisted right away or it takes time ?

Device protection provides you with replacement options for a new or a refurbished replacement of the same model or comparable one.

If you need to make a claim for a new device with your device protection plan, you can do so here or by calling 1-866-327-3399.

When you request a replacement, the original device will be blacklisted at the time that your request is processed.  

Does that clarify things?