cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Brightstar Issue

pravi5586
I'm a participant level 3

Last week I lost my phone and raised a claim with brightstar. The session timed out in few mins and I couldn't go back in to finish answering security questions to raise the claim online. From here on, I had to call brightstar to raise the claim. Everyday they kept rejecting my documents and I had to call in to check what was wrong and fixed it. The 5th attempt succeeded and now they told me to submit one document as a address proof, proof of purchase for the phone. I did send them the proof of purchase plus all things I have on my name but the address proof they are considering - utility bill, internet bill are all on my hubby's name. We don't have a car or own the home and we only have a tenant content insurance on our names together, so I uploaded it. But at this point it looks like Bright star will just give me the run around and not approve this claim at all and drag till the end. Worst thing is they don't tell me what they need by email or phone, unless I call brightstar to follow up on the claim. I have to do that every single day and no end in sight to get a new phone. So much for getting this device protection which is useless at this point as I don't have a cellphone for last 1 week now. 

6 REPLIES 6

pravi5586

Thanks to the Fido Moderators here, my issue with brightstar is resolved now.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @pravi5586

Were you able to get things resolved by contacting Brightstar?  If not, let us know and we'll send you a PM to look into this further.

pravi5586

No not yet @FidoJulien I will pm you. Thank you.

We answered your PM, talk to you soon. Smiley 

pravi5586

Replied to your PM.

pravi5586

Just to give an update for others here - I was asked for my passport when I raised this request (they didn't accept just having BC ID as identity document) and my Service request was put in process after this document was approved.

Now the asset protection team from brightstar asked me to send the ID and proof of address when I followed up - I sent this 3 days ago. This is the 2nd time I sent them my BC ID - which ideally should have been on the file in my service request along with my passport.

The last update I received today when I contacted them was the Asset protection team want me to notarize the passport and send it to them to proceed further.

At this point I have had enough so I made it clear I am not going to send the notarized copy of my passport.And I do believe copy of my BC ID should be a good proof.

Thanks!