cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fee increase in value pack

catsrule
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I'm generally quite positive about Fido. In fact  recommeded it to a friend last week.  However, I just noticed an increase in my latest bill.  Value pack increased from $7 to $10.  I tried using the "Ask Jack" feature - what a waste of time that is - going around and around in circles.  Called 611 - agent was good and told me , yes there was an increase that includes device protection.   I'm not impressed that the company feels they have a right to take extra money through my automated payment without asking consent.  It's not the $3, it's the principle of it.  That is a breach of trust between seller and buyer.  

1 REPLY 1

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @catsrule

We understand that these types of changes can come as a surprise. We truly understand how important our services are for our customers and we do everything that we can to minimize rate changes as much as possible. However, to make sure that we continue to deliver the best possible experience, we need to review and adjust our plans from time to time to reflect the ongoing investment in our network and services. 

Also, rest assured that we would never make such changes without advising our customers first. We have sent bill messages to all those impacted by this change made to our grandfathered Value Packs and you should see the notice on your February or January bill on page 2. I assure you that our intention is not at all to breach your trust as we're always extremely transparent with our customers.

If you'd like to revise the available option for your account, don't hesitate to reach out through one of those channels or we can also send you a PM here on the community.