cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook notification sound level

bugdry
I'm a participant level 3

I have a Samsung A71.  Does anyone know how to lower the volume of the notification sounds for Facebook or Facebook messenger?  They are extremely loud and they are not affected by the volume levels on the phone. I can turn the sounds off, but i want them on, just at a reasonable volume. 

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @bugdry,

You can adjust the notification volume by going to Settings->Sounds and vibration->Volume and you can turn down the notification volume there.

This will lower the notification for all apps as there is no way to adjust the notification volume for each application.

Another suggestion is if the current notification for Facebook is too loud you can try setting a custom notification in the app that is more of a soft sound.

bugdry

Sorry, but that solution does not affect the volume level in Facebook, or Facebook messenger for notifications.  This is why i posted this problem.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @bugdry!

Have you tried changing the actual sound to one that's softer as @KAPABLE-K suggested? That may help Smiley

In terms of the actual volume, if it continues to be very loud compared to all other ringtones or notifications we do suggest reaching out to Samsung directly to see if they have any solutions to offer.