Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charges on bill for Gameloft

szaharici
I'm a participant level 2

Hello

I have just noticed that from August on ( pretty much when I changed my phone) I have been charged 5$ per month for Gameloft_Guild_Game_Sub. I don't undestand how this could happen, I do not own any software from Gameloft. Also since I have an iphone ,all the purchases and subscriptions go through the appstore hence I am surprised that this charge would end up on my Fido bill...

Could you help investigate where these charge comes from ? Was it added by error on my bill ?

Thanks a lot

***Edited to add labels***

*** Edited to modify title ***

7 REPLIES 7

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @szaharici

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

Gameloft purchases can be done from your phone through a Wireless On-Device content order. They usually offer a variety of games or premium content purchases that can be done directly on the phone. If this appears on your Fido invoice we would include contact information where you can reach out to them for any specific questions. 

I hope this information was helpful. 

szaharici

Well it is very strange that it appears on my bill without me playing any of their games....

Can this be traced to a confirmation or something? 

It really looks looks suspicious, the only things one finds on the internet regarding so called service are questions on how to unsubscribe to a service no one subscribed in the first place...

I will call customer support tomorrow

@szaharici wrote:

Well it is very strange that it appears on my bill without me playing any of their games....

Can this be traced to a confirmation or something? 

It really looks looks suspicious, the only things one finds on the internet regarding so called service are questions on how to unsubscribe to a service no one subscribed in the first place...

I will call customer support tomorrow

Hello Szaharici,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, Gameloft is notorious for somehow subscribing unsuspecting, unaware, unwilling customers. As you note, it happens all over the World. I'm curious whether people unknowingly subscribe when they mistakenly tap on certain app ads and inadvertently subscribe when they try to close the ad. Purely my speculation, though.

Since the charge is from Gameloft, you will have to contact them to unsubscribe to the service -- even though you didn't subscribe in the first place. You can try to contact their customer service here

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

szaharici

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I am going to contact the Gameloft support to get unsubscribed from this.

But I cannot help but feel that Fido could do more to prevent this situation from happening. From what I understand ( please correct me if I am wrong ) today some third parties could add charges to my Fido account without much of a problem. It would be up to me to contact them to get them to not charge me anymore... Also if it is true that Gameloft is a known offender, why does Fido do business with them in the first place?

Is there a way to add an option to a fido account to prevent third parties from adding charges to the Fido bill ? 

Hey @szaharici,

As much as we'd love to prevent this from happening, you can only subscribe to this service through your phone directly (even if done unknowingly) and we don't have access to your device.

I'll send you a PM shortly to take a closer look into this Smiley

danosll
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

so how do you remove them as to prevent any future charges

Hello Danosll,

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried to call their customer service number?

Cawtau wrote:...

Since the charge is from Gameloft, you will have to contact them to unsubscribe to the service -- even though you didn't subscribe in the first place. You can try to contact their customer service here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers