Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending a Temporary Suspension

mf_4
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,
I asked to hold my account for two months. I'm asking now to extend my account to hold for another month to be 3 months total.
How can I request an extend?
Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Dilshadali
I'm a participant level 1

I temporarily extension on my number

Hello Dilshadali,

Welcome to the community!

Apologies, but I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you requesting to extend a temporary suspension or stating that you have?

If it is the former, you might be able to extend your temporary suspension via your My Account --> View Usage & Manage. From your Dashboard, the option to Manage temporary suspension is near the bottom of the page, under Quick Actions. 

That said, I'm not sure if you'll be able to extend a temporary suspension beyond the period you have already suspended.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts. If you wish assistance with extending your temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service to have it extended. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Tesszhou

Hi, 

I would like to extend my suspension period as well. Because of COVID, I won't be in Canada as planned. Originally I suspended my number for a 4 months period,  now I need to extend for 4 more months, which adds up to 8 months. Could you please help me? 

Hello @Tesszhou,

Welcome to the community!

You will need to contact customer service and they can extend the suspension for you.

You can contact them even from outside of the country through any of the available methods listed here.

smartstore
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, 

It is very urgent. I am still in vacations abroad. 

Could you suspend my fido number in April 2019, starting now April 1,2019 please. I will pay 7.00 canadian dollars plus tax to keep my number please.

Could you confirm by email if you did that please?

Regards.

Samuel

Hey @smartstore!

Since your request is account specific we'll have to chat in private. We're sending you a private message Smiley

See you there!

Sulinguyen

Hi there. I would also want to extend the suspension for one more month. I can't contact you guys and I can't call you from outside Canada. Can you help me with this. Thank you so much

Hey @Sulinguyen

You need to contact us through one of our customer service channels. Here's our contact us page.

While abroad, you can still live chat, contact us on Facebook or Twitter. 

I also answered your PM. Talk to you soon. Smiley 

Rgill
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi I would like to extend my temporary suspension. I am still on vacation 

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Rgill,

I moved your post to this thread since we already had an accepted solution

Because your request is specific to your account, we'll have to move to PM to assist you. You'll receive a message in a moment. 

For any account related inquires, you can always reach out directly via other channels so we can assist you right away. 

FidoCatherine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there @mf_4

Thanks for reaching out to the Fido Community Smiley We're always happy to help out!

As for the "Temporary Suspension" for 2 months, are you registered to the $7/month suspension?

I'd just like to clarify what kind of suspension you have first Smiley Thanks!

mf_4

Yes it's the $7/month suspension
It should ends on 24th of March and I want to extend it to 24th of April
Thanks

I see! To clarify: It is not possible to extend the $7 suspension. 

Once the suspension is set-up & has begun, it cannot be modified afterwards. 

Here's a few more important points to know about this suspension program: 

- This suspension is offered once every 12 months for 2-4 consecutive months. -

- If you need the service to be restored before the end date, you can contact us by phone, chat, or email.

Let me know if this answers your question Smiley

Great news everyone!

We can still suspend numbers that are not on an agreement for $7 a month, once every 12 months, for up to 12 months! What's changed though is that a  temporary suspension can be extended as long as the request doesn't total over 12 months!

For example, if you're on a 3-month suspension you can only extend by up to 9 months.

Hope that helps! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@mf_4 A moderator here can PM you and get it done. 

You can also reach out to Fido on Facebook or Twitter for any account-specific questions.