cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusive deal on mobile app leading to cancellation of monthly finance.

abhishek8833883
I'm a participant level 2

Recently bought iPhone 13 256GB with Fido Monthly Finance on 28th Dec 2022 with $38 25GB monthly plan and 20$ monthly credit on finance. On 2nd Jan 2023, got an exclusive deal on my Fido Mobile App for $30 20GB monthly plan and I opted for that. However, later got an email with full price of device $1355 as downgrade adjustments. It was not shown while I was trying to opt for that exclusive deal in my Fido App and also what's the point of providing a deal when that can cause issues to my finance.

Also, called customer service on 3rd Jan 2023, they raised a case number #183676836 with back office team to revert the changes in my plan and finance but didn't get anything yet. Can someone please check and help?

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Abhishek8833883,

Happy New Year and Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your Payment Program was cancelled when you changed your plan. However, you should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to your account. I understand you already have a case number so you have already contacted customer service. However, you would need to contact customer service to get an update on your case status. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

abhishek8833883

Thanks @Cawtau for you reply, I guess my only option here is to wait for the back office team to work on my case. 

Be advised that the law requires Fido to be clear and upfront when you change plans what any charges will be. Where there is ambiguity or contradiction, the CRTC interprets Fido's policy to benefit you.

You can get more details by reviewing the Wireless Code on the CRTC website. I'm happy to post a link if you have trouble finding it, but Fido mods have assured me that they provide these links to their customers and make the information easy to find.

abhishek8833883

Thanks @BobC83 for mentioning the CRTC Wireless code, that's useful. I will wait a couple more days for Fido's action on my case I*******75. 

Hey @abhishek8833883,

By all means, you can always reach out to customer care to review the ongoing case!