cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error transferring number

Stephoir928
I'm a participant level 1

Hi I've been trying to transfer my number after receiving the Fido sims but an error occurred with the pin and the transfer is stuck. I tried calling 3 times with more than 3 hour hold wait times. I went into a Fido store and they just said I have to call in for tech support. It's such a simple thing but unable to do anything about it online. Meanwhile I'm being charged for 2 lines until the transfer is complete. Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9

ZulfikarJaffer

I think your service sucks as much as Virgins, I do not wish to guess who will win the ball. I am a 71+ year old senior, instead of both parties assisting me, I feel that I am being harrased. Can anyone REALY help? My virgin # that I am trying to transfer is 416 209 7866 from Virgin to Fido.

Zul Jaffer

Hello @ZulfikarJaffer , I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties porting your number over from Virgin mobile. We cannot access any account services from here as we are not fido employees. We are a community of people who try to help out where we can. Here are the various ways to contact support. I wish I could do more for you, but the different methods of contact are the perfect way to get your issue resolved. Cheers 

codytaylor

Same issue here.

Please contact our technical support team is Saad's post didn't help, https://www.fido.ca/contact 

Thanks! 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Stephoir928, @briwang, @BlackForestHam

Welcome to the Community Smiley

To clarify the transfer process, when you activate a new Fido account we'll assign you temporary number in order to transfer your current number.

When the request is submitted you'll receive an SMS notification on your original number and you'll have a 90 minute window to accept/approve the transfer. Otherwise, the request is cancelled.

Please note that we can only transfer active numbers, if your orignal number is no longer active, you'll need to contact your previous service provider to have it reactivated.

If you've confirmed that it's active, what you'll need when submitting a new request is your previous service provider's account number. Since the first request is no longer valid (90 minutes is passed), you can simply:

1.  log into your Fido account
  2. Click on the temporary number you'd like to replace with your original number
  3. Scroll down to the quick link "Transfer my existing phone number"
  4. Then follow the steps to complete the transfer.

Hope this helps!

briwang
I'm a participant level 3

You know ctrl C and ctrl V doesn't help right? I tried all your steps already before post my quesiton here. 

BlackForestHam
I'm a participant level 2

This does not help at all.

What you descibed is exactly the process I did as I explained in my oriignal post.  I have an active phone number I am looking to transfer.  It says the phone number is eligle to transfer when I enter it.  I get to the final step in the process but cannot proceed as I get an error.    I attached the screenshot.  Again this happens across different computers and across different browsers.   I have tried the account password, account number, and IMEI.  None of which work.Screenshot from 2022-12-03 22-50-41.png

BlackForestHam

When I go through the process of porting over my existing phone number (Telus, still active) I can get to the last step and I get this error "Something’s not quite right on our end and we’re working to resolve the issue. In the meantime, please try again later."

I have tried to complete the process with my telus password, device IMEI, and account number none of which worked.  I have also tried multiple devices and different web browsers thinking maybe it just a weird cookie issue.  Can someone assist as I would like to get the old (Telus) account cancelled before it rolls over to a new billing cycle and getting stuck with a bill for two lines.

briwang

Same boat. I have 2 lines as well and 1 port in worked fine by using the account number. 

I used imei for another line and it has been 3 days and I am still stuck.

Visited Fido store, no help. How can I start over for the stuck one?