cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency mode?

CaillaMarie
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I recently switched from Roger's to Fido and recieved a new LG A70. It's been great. Thanks. 

However, I find I have to keep resetting my phone every time i switch from wifi to network. I have data but cant seem to use it. I'm continually told I have no network connection. After the reset I get bombarded by messages and voicemails and I realized that my phone seems to be going into emergency mode by itself. It completely cancels out my network and I don't recieve messages or calls until the reset. 

Is it my phone or the network connecting to my device? 

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @CaillaMarie,

Check your SIM card, power off the phone eject the SIM card make sure it looks okay and is seated correctly in the SIM tray and then insert it the phone and power up the device and see if the problem goes away.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello CaillaMarie,

Welcome to the community!

To clarify, do you have the Samsung A70?

As far as I can tell, the Emergency mode is able to conserve battery (see here and here). Are you certain you hadn't activated it by accident? It should be possible to disable that functionality. I'm not sure of what settings are possible for that mode. However, if it is enabling on it's own, it sounds more like an issue with the phone's software than the network. You might consider contacting Samsung directly to see whether it's a common issue or not.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Scooby-Doo
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @CaillaMarie 

Welcome to the community!🙂

To Turn off the Emergency mode on Samsung A70

1. Press and hold the Power button until the "Power off" prompt appears then release.
  2. Tap Emergency mode

Alternatively, while on the Home screen tap the Menu icon

(upper-right)>Turn off emergency mode allow several seconds for the change to take effect.

Have a nice weekend!