cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email billing notice does not show the correct amount due

dpmclaren
I'm a participant level 2

The billing notice emails I receive each month show an incorrect amount due, about double what it shows on the account site.  It suggests that I am a month in arrears, i. e. does not include the previous month's payment, even though the billing history shows the payment made a couple of weeks ago.  I always forget that this happens, and get a WTF? moment before I remember that it is always wrong.  Of course, I can't really relax until I check the history to be sure.

Can that be fixed?

Thanks for your help

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @dpmclaren welcome to the community!

Is your payments being done automatically or do you make your payments manually? It could be that you are not making your payments on time that's why the email shows a higher amount.

dpmclaren

The point is that the Fido account billing info shows that the payment was made, but it is not reflected in the email.  So, I am assuming that whatever application is generating the email, its database search is incorrect.  If I can go to the Fido account site and get the correct info, why does the email generator get it wrong?

@dpmclaren because when you miss your payment its in the system as you owe two months that's why its displayed like that in the email because the email is programed to show what you owe not the balance. 

When you login to your account what you see there is the account balance so when you make a payment that balance gets updated. 

If you look at your actual bill it will be the same as the email.

Hello Dpmclaren,

Welcome to the community!

If Fido receives payment for the previous month's bill after your bill for the current month is issued, the current month's bill (and email notification) will not reflect that payment. However, the payment will be reflected in My Account.

How and when do you make your payments? Are you aware that depending on your method of payment, it may take a couple of days for Fido to receive the payment (see here)?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers