Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sim and WiFi calling, VoLTE

Wonsz69
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I just switched my new iPhone to e-sim, with an intention of using the physical sim when travelling. I noticed my WiFi Calling doesn't work (dropped calls in the basement), and also noticed my phone drops to 3G whenever I make a call.

After a chat with Fido tech support and some troubleshooting on the end of the nice guy helping me, he said he sees in his system that my e-sim is not compatible with neither WiFi calling nor VoLTE, therefore there is nothing that can be done.

That's a little disappointing... I wonder if others experience the same and one is in fact not compatible with the other?

Fido, is there a plan to make it work eventually?

Otherwise I'll be going back to the physical sim card, after pointless $20 exercise...

Thanks!

K.

10 REPLIES 10

FidoDivine
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Wonsz,

Let us know what your inquiry is today and the community will be glad to help! Smiley

Wonsz11
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, 

It is the same since July Happy

see originating post:

I just switched my new iPhone to e-sim, with an intention of using the physical sim when travelling. I noticed my WiFi Calling doesn't work (dropped calls in the basement), and also noticed my phone drops to 3G whenever I make a call.

After a chat with Fido tech support and some troubleshooting on the end of the nice guy helping me, he said he sees in his system that my e-sim is not compatible with neither WiFi calling nor VoLTE, therefore there is nothing that can be done.

That's a little disappointing... I wonder if others experience the same and one is in fact not compatible with the other?

Fido, is there a plan to make it work eventually?

Otherwise I'll be going back to the physical sim card, after pointless $20 exercise...

Thanks for clarifying @Wonsz11

It should work, we'll send you a PM to help. 

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Wonsz69,

We'll finally need to take a second look at your account to further look into it.

I'll send you a PM here on the Community shortly, keep an eye on your inbox.

Wonsz11

Hello,

Any updates?

K.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Wonsz69!

We'll have to investigate on our end and get some more info. We'll update you as soon as we have more information to share!

Psg093
I'm a participant level 2

Hi guys, I am in the same boat. Switched to esim and not able to turn on Wifi calling. Is there any resolution for this?

Wonsz11

Original issue was 3 years ago... works now. 

Psg093

Can you please help me to get it working for me  as well. It says " TO allow WIFI calling on this account, please contact Fido.

Although I had no issues with the physical sim in the past

Wonsz11

Best to contact Fido!