cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due date creep?

riderpridem
I'm a participant level 2

Anyone else notice due date creep this month? It's up to a wek earlier than any month for the past 2 years.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoValerie

Hey @riderpridem Smiley 

Your bill's due date might have changed to 21 days after the bill date, instead of the previous 27 days. 

Since many payment methods have a processing time of 5 days, the new required bill date gives us extra time to receive your payment and helps avoid your balance being transferred onto your next invoice.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact customer service who can check your account details! 

riderpridem

As my payment method is instantaneous, this is a money grab by Fido (your interest gain, my loss). Were any of the details shared with customers prior to this change? I wasn't aware of a payment date change nor of the fact that there wasn't any penalty if payment was received by FIDO up to 5 days after the due date. If the latter isn't true, then Fido already is compensated for late payment receipt.

Financial institutions payment delays are very common. As indicated on the bills, ‘’ At most major Canadian financial institutions, it could take 2 to 5 business days for your payment to reach us’’. 
This is also outlined in our Terms of service under 3. b:
‘’When is my bill payment due? Charges on your account are due and payable in full from the date of your bill. If you are paying by mail or through a financial institution, please allow adequate time for your payment to reach us before the required payment date. You are responsible for all charges on your account’’

With this new change though, customers aren’t penalized for the payment posting timelines of financial institutions.
Payments may still take up to 5 days to post in our system, however bills will now be considered paid on the date you make the payment. 
You will be able to find the following bill message on one of your recent invoice : 

''IMPORTANT MESSAGE ABOUT PAYING YOUR FIDO BILL We are making some changes that will impact how you pay your Fido bill. These changes will take effect on your next bill. 

1. Increasing flexibility when you pay through a financial institution: When you pay your Fido bill through a financial institution, your bill will be considered paid on time when your payment is made by the required payment date. This means you will no longer have to allow additional time for payment processing. 

2. Payment Date Changes: Your Fido bill payment date is changing. The new required payment date will be 21 days after your bill date. To see the required payment date of your current bill login to your Fido MyAccount at fido.ca/signin 

If you have set up Autopay for your Fido bill payments, the above changes do not impact you. If you have any questions, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill or visit us at fido.ca/billing.'' 

Hope this clarifies.