cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't want to use Roaming

ArnoldAbadie
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I been waitting several hours during different days in line to freeze my acount but I never been answeard and yesterday I leave Canada, by mistake I turn off airplane mode and fido detects I'm abroad, inmedeately I turn on again the airplane mode and deactivate the SIM but fido sent me a message to welcome roaming, so am I safe with all off or FIDO is going to charge me the roaming, because I never accepted it, can I freeze my acount from here? Is cancel my number another option? 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ArnoldAbadie,

Welcome to the community!

I understand receiving that Welcome Abroad text message can be concerning if you did not wish to use Fido Roam.

That Welcome message is a notification that your device had connected to a foreign network. Receiving that text message does not necessarily mean that your device had used services. I was able to confirm that merely receiving that message does not incur roaming fees (see here).

As long as your device did not also use other services (ie data) when your phone connected to the networks, there should be no roaming charges incurred.

If you wished to temporarily suspend your services (assuming eligible), you would need to contact customer service, though calling would likely be considered roaming usage. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers