cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you charge incoming and outgoing calls?

Kayser207
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

We are really upset how do cut the usage minutes. Me and my wife using Fido from 22nd september. My wife's plan is 500 Canada wide minutes. Usually she only call me and most of the times, I cut the call and back her. However we astonished her Canada and international calling minutes finished within 20days? Do u cut minutes both incoming and outgoing? How can I see the full call details and clarification. My wife's no is xxxxxxxxxx
Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Meldar
I'm a participant level 3

Exactly. So confusing no one has a clue what or when they're being charged. Clearly or there wouldn't be so many people with overages asking for clarification. It's sketchy to say the least. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kayser207,

Welcome to the community!

As FidoKenny has already mentioned above, both incoming and outgoing calls are considered airtime and are charged accordingly. Since you mentioned Canada and International calling minutes, I thought I'd clarify a little.

The Canada-wide minutes are a bit of a misnomer. They should more accurately be considered as Minutes (or Airtime) with Canadian long-distance (LD) included. That is, the Canada-wide minutes are not strictly for use within Canada. With your wife's plan of 500 Canada-wide minutes, all calls (made or received) will count against those 500 minutes.

**edit** Long-distance calls are charged Airtime plus additional LD. With Canada-wide minutes, the Canadian LD is included.** Making an International call will count against those minutes plus additional LD charge. If her plan includes International call minutes, those minutes are only for the LD portion of the call. The additional LD charge would be taken from those minutes (assuming it's to one of the included countries). **edit** Receiving an International call will only count against those 500 minutes.**

You should also note that calls are charged by the minute.

Fido.jpg

~taken from Terms&Conditions.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hey @Kayser207 and I want to welcome you to the Community Smiley

The best way to find out what exactly is included in your plan is by taking a look at your bill. We have a blog on our Community that lets you know how to do that, you can find it here.

If it's a brand new account and you have no bills released yet, you can also check it out from the MY ACCOUNT app on your phone. 

What's great about the app is that you can also track your usage from there. 

For your information, you do get charged for your incoming calls and outgoing calls. If you need to find a plan that suit your needs, you can find them all on Fido.ca  here.

If you have any questions about your current plan, you can  easily find us through our contact channels here.

We can also send you PM here on the Community if you want. Let us know what's best for you.

Rfares

Hi 

How can i see all the international incoming call on ny bill, i cantc find any number 

Help please 

Regards 

Hello Rfares,

Welcome to the community!

Fido does not display the incoming numbers for security and privacy reasons (see here and here). It is the same policy for incoming local and international calls.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Rfares

Hi 

I understand that, but if i need the record for urgent case what should i do ? 

Regards

Hello @Rfares,

You will need a court order or you can get your lawyer to request it.