cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directly Contacted For Fido Services - Fraud?

The_Real_D
I'm a participant level 2

I had been contacted the other month about upgrading my phone at a specific place in my City and today once again inquiring about my services, and I am just wondering if Fido has representatives at Fido stores contacting out their customers directly about changing anything about their Fido services. This is a local number messaging. Usually fido messages with a number that is not contactable. I won't be answering this person because I know to use the site if I want to make any changes and do not have any interest.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @The_Real_D,

Were you previously in contact with someone from that specific store? If so, did they ever offer to follow up with you regarding an offer?

The_Real_D
Click here
Not recently and I am not sure if ever for that area so that is why I find it suspicious to be contacted.

Thanks for confirming @The_Real_D! Smiley

It's always a good idea to be mindful of spam texts and it's a good thing that you're being careful with providing any info!

Sometimes some stores may have their own internal campaigns, that said though anything legitimate will never direct you to any links to fill out personal information or request any personal information. 

You can always visit the store in question to get some more info Smiley