cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device protection on brand new iPhone X not purchased thru Fido

redzzzz
I'm a contributor level 2

Brand new iPhone X that was NOT purchased thru Fido ( obviously as Fido hasn’t got any available yet) but will be activated on Fido number that does not have protection on it. 

Can device protection be on be added to the number upon activation of a iPhone X Byod.  

Fido agent is “unsure” and Asurion says it’s provider that decides.  

Anyone know?? .... a device this price needs coverage 

8 REPLIES 8

FidoFaiza

Hi @redzzzz,

We can add the Fido Device Protection on a non-Fido phone as long as it's within the 15 days of purchase. Details here

Let me send you a PM to continue.

redzzzz

I just called in call centre to try to add it and again they are telling me no they cannot add dp to a non fido device !!

so frustrating 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We`ll continue in PM @redzzzz!

Keep in mind that device protection must be added on the number that the protected device will be used on Smiley

redzzzz

I finally got an agent to add it (phone) 

clearly there is a lot of confusion regarding  Fido protection adding on non fido devices — 4 of 5 agents I spoke with insisted that it could not be done.  They even put me on hold and came back saying their supervisor said it cannot be done also.  

Anyhow I finally got it added- apparently it all depends on the agent that answers the call. 4 turned me down and 5th one had no problem adding it and agreed with what y’all told me too ( that yes it can be done )

anyhow.  Thanks 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'm so happy to hear this was resolved @redzzzz!

Don't hesitate to post any other questions you have right here on the Community! Our members are always happy to help Smiley

redzzzz

Thanks !!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Community!

Just wanted to provide an update to this thread Smiley

Premium Device Protection can be added within 45 days to :

- Customers who order a new device on an existing line

- Customers who activate a new line with their own device

The service can unfortunately not be added to an existing line using a brand new phone that was purchased outside of Fido. 

Keep in mind that we sometimes have open enrollment periods, where it can be added to all phones as long as they are not already damaged or lost/stolen! For more info on that, just contact us.

Hope this helps!

redzzzz

I pm’d you back

thanks so much for clearing that up !