cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Despicable customer support

JoseB
I'm a participant level 2

I never had an issue with Fido and I never had to deal with fido's customer service until I gave a move out notice 2 weeks in advance in order not to have any service interruption because we absolutely need internet service in order to work from home during this the lockdown. The agent proceeded and set out move out date correctly (2 weeks) but for some reason he suspended the account immediately. My internet service went down. I Contacted customer support once again to fix the issue and the agent (Ramandeep) says that there is nothing that can be done about it and that "he or she is sorry". I say, IM SORRY but I need the service back up and running in order to work!! He came back and said that I could set up a new account and pick up a new modem at any Fido store. I said I don't want a new account I want my actual account fixed and the agent left the chat without notice. I called to the 1888... and after 25 minutes on hold the agent says that will transfer me to another department. 20 minutes later (45 minutes on hold) they tell me that internet technical support was closed. Even tho I was looking at the contact number on the website and said available 24/7 365 days. I tell her that and she puts me on hold for 28 minutes and then hangs up. I ONCE A. GAIN CALL and again they tell me that there is nothing that can be done and the only solution would be to create a new account and get another modem. I agree and they proceeded and created 2 new accounts! I come to the Fido store and I've been here for 1 hour and a half. They won't give me the modem because there appears to be a mixup with some accounts created. They now tell me that they will try to fix the modem I have at home. I'm still here waiting inside the store until this gets resolved. This is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not dealing with this customer support ever again. 

2 REPLIES 2

JoseB

Follow up, after 2 hours inside the Fido store they finally gave me a new modem. When I got home and tried to install it The coax connector was broken, rattling inside along with some other stuff rattling inside the modem. Bottom line, after hours on the chats, phones and waiting in the store they ended up giving me a broken modem. To get another one I would had to wait for about a week with no internet and no work from home. Decided to cancel all my services with Fido. Might as well get a better deal somewhere else with more competent customer support. 

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JoseB

I am so sorry to see you had this kind of experience with your Internet services. It is definitely not the kind of thing we want any of our customers to go through! We always try to do our best to make sure all of the modems are in perfect conditions when sent  them out to customers. If there ever is any kind of damage however, we do have systems in place to process exchanges to swap them out again. We're sorry to see you left us, don't hesitate to reach out to us through our Contact Page if you ever have any questions about the account.