Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined financing

megan1232
I'm a participant level 2

Good evening!

I have been a client with Fido for around 7 years and have never had an issue with finance upgrades, I have gotten a new phone pretty much after any contract has ended. As of 3 years ago I added a line for my daughter and  brought her own phone. I upgraded her and my phone 2 years ago with no issue and now I am trying to upgrade hers and the financing has been declined. Her contract has been up since October and my balance is $0. My problem is that all of the agents I have spoken to in the last 3 weeks said as long as you carry no bill balance upgrading shouldn't be an issue. Has anyone had the samee issue? Upset because this was her Christmas present😞

5 REPLIES 5

FidoSaira

Hello @megan1232,

Thank you for the details.

Financing could be declined if the credit check is declined or you may not be on a compatible plan. You should contact us through these channels so we can take a closer look at the account with you to see what is the cause.

megan1232

thank you for your reply. I am not a new customer, so why would they do a credit check. I am aware that they do an internal check, but my 7 years, multiple upgrades this has never been an issue. What is most frustrating is that I spoke to multiple agents who said that if my balance was 0 they don't see what the issue would be. In fact, 2 people said they have never seen this before. 

I do not have access to your account details to tell you what exactly is the reason. I suggested a few possibilities. Please contact us and we'd be happy to look into it with you. Smiley

megan1232

very disappointed with Fido. I was finally able to upgrade online which I did on Wednesday. All was good and checked out. Went to get my phone today and the agent said I was still in a CID check. So frustrating because. My balance is 0 and once again another Fido agent said she had never seen this before. She literally said she has seen people with far worse payment history walk out with a brand new fully financed phone.

Hey @megan10 ,

We're sorry to lean about this! This definitely seems odd. We do suggest you contact our support team here so we can go over this together!