cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Fido, about the service interruption....

FollowThePolo
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Dear Fido, can you please stop downplaying the issue and be a little more honest?
 "some wireless costumers are experiencing an intermittent service interruption for wireless voice and data service"

You have people all over Canada, from the big cities to small towns from Vancouver in BC, Montreal and Ottawa in Quebec, Toronto, London, Hamilton, Burlington in Ontario and more, this is more than "some wireless costumers" and its not an intermittent service interruption, it's a complete outage of mobile services, I can only use my iPhone if it's connected to a wifi, it's not intermittent, it's completely gone for over 12 hours now, and that's on the team working "quickly" ?   When we are supposed to be working from home, making phone calls are essential to arrange meetings, to book Covid vaccine appointments, to stay in touch with people we cannot physically see, a lot of people are experiencing way more than an inconvenience, in Covid times having this service gone is more than an inconvenience, so take the bull by the horns and make an official statement without downplaying the nationwide outage of wireless services please

18 REPLIES 18

AWBirnie
I'm a participant level 2

No service again. Making excuses again Fudo. Time to switch to BELL. 

AWBirnie

My internet is also Fido so no wifi as well or information avail.  I rely on this service for work, personal cell and emergencies.  Incompetence right there.

Hackintosh
I'm a participant level 3

Can anyone post the update for a class action lawsuit? This $2.50 won't even start to cover all the expenses I occurred.

Hello Hackintosh,

Welcome to the community!

I understand the frustration. However, I don't think a class action lawsuit would be viable. For any lawsuit in a situation like this to have any merit, it would need some sort of guaranteed service to have been severed. No provider can guarantee service. The nature of the service doesn't allow for any sort of guarantee. Read the Terms & Conditions (sections 9b and 9c).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

OviOneKenobi
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Corporate vaseline takk. It will definitely increase credibility.

Well , let's start with the government maandated 911.  

Cla8n
I'm a contributor level 2

I will be refusing the $2.50 "compensation". It's insulting. The outage cost me >$400 because I didn't provide a service to my client. It's sad that FIDO(Rogers) thinks they can do the same thing consequence-free.  I will not let this go, I hope you do so as well. 

Hackintosh

I too was one of the victims which believed in their 'down-playing', which only lead to me ending up deeper in debt and with more frustrations during the NATIONAL OUTAGE. How on earth does a company not know its OWN company is having a NATION-WIDE outage? And then to downplay it as a few clients MAY have some momentary connection issues. That should be a lawsuit right there!

KIDDING US OR WHAT!?

That was only the icing on the cake... best slap-in-the-face was only giving a 1-day freebie as any sort of compensation.

This is NOT China!

Cla8n

I will be refusing the $2.50 "compensation". It's insulting. The outage cost me >$400 because I didn't provide a service to my client. It's sad that FIDO(Rogers) thinks they can do the same thing to me consequence-free.  I will not let this go, I hope you do so as well. 

Cla8n

My friend Follow:

I'm sorry that this als happened to you yesterday. I urge you to continue to complain. If enough of us victims speak up, they will listen and take responsibility for their actions. 
Undoubtedly they are relying on a typical Canadian response to these situations, we politely suffer the consequences thinking there is no use in trying. 
NOT THIS TIME

jovanm

Statement from the Community Manager:

We sincerely apologize to our customers.

Especially during these times, we know connectivity is critical and are working hard to restore services for customers who continue to experience wireless interruptions. Residential wireline internet services are not impacted. We will continue to provide regular updates on this thread.

Marycontrary

So where is the update now in British Columbia's Tri Cities area? It's Tuesday April 20th. There's no update. I have no phone service. What's up?

Really? I surely hope y'all have service back by now, I'm in downtown Toronto and got it back last night Monday April 18 around 10pm

its really worth noting the lack of communication to their costumers 

Moonchild624

I have a child with a medical condition and we rely on this communication  to make it through the school day. If there had been a proper statement made by Fido, I could have made other arrangements for today. This is unacceptable....

live4camping
I'm a participant level 1

I too have a child with a medical condition and we rely on cellphone communication as well.  

Cla8n

Hi Live4

I'm going to continue to complain to Fido. I urge you do the same. If enough of us victims speak up, they will listen and take responsibility for their actions. 
Undoubtedly they are relying on a typical Canadian response to these situations, we politely suffer the consequences thinking there is no use in trying. 
NOT THIS TIME!

Cl8n

yahbai

100% agree.

After seeing their vague, wishy-washy 'some customers, in some areas and maybe sometimes experiencing some problems' I still had to turn to google and these -community- pages to find out that it's a Canada-wide issue.

They should state very expicitly, very clearly, right at the top of their webpage how big the problem is, so people can at least see why their phone isn't working.

Having a country-wide outage of this time-frame is bad enough but I'm sure they're trying to fix it ASAP, but not having the integrity and honesty to make it clear to customers what's going on is un-excusable.

007spooky

fido and their bosses at Rogers are a bunch of USELESS PRICKS.... I cannot conduct my zoom meeting and cannot receive or make a call. and they say some customers .... pricks beyond pricks

Cla8n

Fido's placating, anemic reply apologizing for the "temporary" outage is a sad attempt to tell everyone to act like first-graders and behave. Insulting!