cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating number

Yoseph
I'm a participant level 2

I want to deactivate my number since i won’t be back to Canada until fall season. Is there any way to deactivate it before my next bill due date?

6 REPLIES 6

I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Yes

Hello 131731,

Welcome to the community!

Are you wishing to cancel your services? Unfortunately, there is no way to cancel services online. You should also note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts. If you wish to cancel your services, you would need to contact customer service. Are you currently outside of Canada? They do offer a contact number you can call from abroad. They can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

There sure is.  Just call up customer service over the phone and let them know you wish to Cancel your line, they will then do the cancellation procedure for you

Yoseph

I am already outside of canada. How can I call the customer service?

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Yoseph!

@Anonymous is correct Smiley You can use the 514 number to reach us from abroad! That said, since you're back in the fall we can always suspend your account (if you're off agreement) so that you can have the same number and plan once you're back in Canada!

Customer care can do that for you, if you prefer we can also send you a PM on the Community and we can help out!

Let us know Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quoted from the Fido.ca web site:

To reach Customer Service, call 1-888-481-FIDO (3436) or 6-1-1, free of charge, from your Fido. To contact Fido while you are travelling outside Canada, dial +1-514-933-3436 (from the U.S.) or +1-514-925-4590 (from abroad) free of charge, from your Fido phone.