cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databytes saying I’m connected to wifi

DefencePenguin
I'm a participant level 1

I literally turned it off in settings, still says I am connected and won’t let me use databytes.

11 REPLIES 11

blahblah512
I'm a participant level 2

I am unable to access my data bytes. It says “data bytes not available while on WiFi” which I am not, I am on LTE. I also have the newest app and I have done a hard reset. I have also deleted and re downloaded app. Any suggestions?

Hey guys!

I have moved your posts in this thread as it is related to the same topic.

As @FidoCharles mentioned, this is a known situation on our end. Our teams are working on fixing this as soon as possible.

Hey Community! Smiley

Keep an eye on this thread for updates to this. 

Sashab

There seems to be a problem with data bytes not recognizing that you’re on WiFi. Even when I travel and have the WiFi option unchecked it still gives me an error message saying that I’m on WiFi. It occurred post recent update. 

blahblah512

Weird thing is l, I went home and I am now on WiFi and it pops up that I can tap to start my free hour. Bizarre. I think somethings wrong with the app. Anyone else with this problem?

JK7

Yes. Same issue for me today. Very frustrating. 

Gannicus

I am having the same issue as well.  I tried logging out of the app, deleting the app and all with my wi-fi turned off and I still get this message

Hey @Gannicus ,

Welcome to the Community!

When was the last time you activated an extra hour of data? Also, you do have the latest version of the App and OS on your device? Smiley

If it's the case, then it could be related to the situation mentioned in my previous post.

Gannicus
  1. I do have the latest version of the app and the last time I activated data bytes was probably a week or two ago

stanroper

Same issue. I’m on a training wanting to use data bytes but it won’t work. 

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DefencePenguin ,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

You do have the latest version of the Fido App, correct?

However I see that our tech team is aware of this situation and working on a fix as soon as possible.

We'll update this thread as soon as we have more info.

Hope this helps!