Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data plan

Hk08
I'm a participant level 3
Click here
What is the difference between unlimited Canada wide minutes and unlimited Canada minutes 
6 REPLIES 6

Hk08

Hi, I am trying to change my data plan. The one I have now is unlimited Canada wide minutes and all the new data plans available are unlimited Canada minutes within description it's mentioned unlimited evenings, weekend and free for same service provider.

Hello Hk08,

Welcome to the community!

To clarify, do you currently have a plan with Data, Talk, & Text? Also, are you wishing to switch to a different plan also with Data, Talk & Text? If so, those two descriptions would mean the same.

However, if you're interested in a Data plan (ie Data & Text or Tablet), those plans don't include any voice minutes. In fact, as far as I am aware, those plans don't allow for voice calls anymore so those terms would no longer be applicable on those plans.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hk08

Thanks for the response! Yes I am planning to change from data talk text to data talk text only, I am just worried that with such description, am I going to pay for calls done during weekdays, as I do majority of my calls during day. How does it work and why is this description there as it is not in my present plan which says unlimited Canada wide minutes. 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. You're not the only one who caught the different wording (see here). I think Fido is in the midst of re-wording on the website to alleviate any confusion regarding evenings and weekends as I do not see that mentioned anymore. That said, as mentioned in that other thread: Any plan which includes Unlimited Canada minutes would offer you unlimited Canada-wide calling anytime.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hk08

Thank you so much for quick response. Highly appreciate! Just an update, I changed my plan and after checkout, the summary says Unlimited Canada wide minutes. Just to help others facing similar situation.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Hk08! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

Can you tell us where you're seeing this distinction please? It's essentially the same thing, but it's worth a closer look.