cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overage / top-up

riannahlee
I'm a participant level 3

I have noticed last month that I was charged an extra $20 data top off for 1 GB on 2 of my fido bills.

The 1 GB was not used nor did I agree to have a top up.

These top ups seem to be automatically charged to the account.

There was no text, no email, or vocal agreement for these actions.

Can someone please explain to me why this is happening?

data1.PNGdata 1a.PNGdata 2.PNGdata 2 a.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

aejeonghong
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am really upset about adding data plans.

a couple of months ago I moved to a new place so didn't have wifi for a while, so I was using a lot of data and I had to add more data. I didn't know until now I had to cancel it next month, they kept charging me without using over data. I can not pay for not overspending data. I need to get my money back. I can not accept any of the bills got extra charged.

Hey @aejeonghong!

I've moved your post here as it deals with a similar topic; check out @FidoPierre's post above for info on how the top-ups work, and how to remove them.

If you text CANCEL to 222 you can remove them and you won't be billed for them past the current cycle.

Hope this helps, let us know Smiley 

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @riannahlee

Data top-ups are features that are activated directly on the customer's side and are recurring until the time you cancel them. It allows you the chance to have a little boost to the amount of data in your plan for as long as you feel you'll need it. 

When you approach the amount of data included in your plan you will often receive a text message inviting you to purchase a data top-up to avoid over usage charges. You can also proactively activate them by texting the words ``Data`` or ``Monthly`` to 222. 

If you no longer need the service you can cancel it in a similar fashion by texting ``Cancel`` to the number 222. 

You can check out more details on this here

I hope this helps. Smiley 

riannahlee

Thank you very much!

Always so helpful. 😊