cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service complaint

Galacticguts
I'm a participant level 2

I have never been treated so poorly by fido until today. 

I had received my new phone and had noticed that it did not have the storage size I had wanted and had found out I would be able to exchange it for the right one. 

I had initially contacted an agent with live chat about it to which I had used my legal name- big mistake apparently (for reference my account currently has my old name on it to which I had recently faxed the documents to fix the issue but it seems like it still isn't fixed yet, but my current number displays my legal name on the account) 

She had told me I could upgrade my phone but I would need the account owner to do it and I had tried explaining the situation and even offered to provide proof that I was the same person. She had rudely ended the chat quickly and barely gave me enough time to read the support number to which she told me to call for "voice verification" 

I had set up a call back and the lady that was helping me was doing fine until she told me to hold and then after a minute I was promptly hung up on.  I had thought this might've been a mistake so I scheduled another one but never got a call back. 

I had gone back to live chat at this point because I would not be able to schedule another appointment until tomorrow. When I had joined the last live chat I had told the person my issue and the chat was immediately closed with no explication. 

I have been using fido for years and I am usually not one to complain or even be rude (to which I wasn't rude in any of my interactions and was very friendly) but the amount of absolute disrespect I had received today is unprofessional and honestly disgusting. I'm not sure if I had just gotten the same agent with different aliases or what but I don't know what to do now and I am very frustrated. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Galacticguts! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel!

Has there been any news since your post? If not, you can ask us to send you a PM from the community for assitance and we'll be happy to help you.

Galacticguts

Luckily I had ended up getting my exchange processed but only after saying that I waned to file a complaint. Honestly the whole situation has left a big sour taste in my mouth 😕

We're happy to hear it's been resolved!