cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Has Abandoned Me

gp8
I'm a participant level 2

I've been a loyal Fido customer for over 20 years, and I've never experienced this until now.  Was just on hold on the phone with customer service for 2 hrs (until 9 pm ET, at which point I hung up, because it was after 9 pm -- even though no one came on the line to tell me it was after 9 pm and no one would answer).  I'm still on hold with live chat (it's been 90 mins so far).  I'm absolutely shocked at how long the wait time is, and how there is no indication of where I am 'in priority sequence'. I'm fine with waiting, particularly during a 'busy' time, but this is offensive.  Anyone else experience this? I'll reply to this if anyone responds to my live chat.

4 REPLIES 4

gp8

I am now speaking with an agent.  2 hrs waiting.  Sad Recommend to Fido that they have some sort of system to let you know where you are in line.  

Hey @gp8,

Welcome to the community! 

Thank you for your feedback. We're currently receiving a higher amount of messages than anticipated, however, rest assured we're working as fast as possible in order to get to all our customers. 

If required, we're available via private message right here on the community. 

Let us know if you need help! 😃

gp8

Thanks for your reply @FidoAnthony  Look, I understand that you are currently receiving a higher amount of messages (and you have been for some time now, I understand, reading through other people's posts).  And I know that you are working as quickly as possible.  I have no doubt.  However, one of the reasons I have been so loyal to Fido for so long is your excellent customer service.  You have a fantastic website, and great loyalty programs and communication.  If you need to leave people on hold for so long, get some new music, and a recorded message that indicates you haven't hung up.  And a countdown on your live chat that explains where you are in line.  Believe me, people will appreciate it.  

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for your feedback @gp8! We'll make sure to share it with the right teams!