cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Families Discount (NOT AT FIDO ????)

Fido707
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Connecting Families Discount IS NOT OFFERED AT FIDO

WAKE UP FIDO !!!  sister ROGERS OFFERS IT !!! PLUS every other company is offering this government program to seniors (If your a senior you need to apply for it and GOVT will send you a discount code)......I called Fido and asked for this and they said they dont offer senior discounts.  I have been with FIDO as my plan use to be affordable @$25 with only talk and text (NO DATA)........now it has gone up 3 times since the pandemic.......and is almost $40...I only get cpp-oas&gis and have nothing left over at the end of the month after all outrageous bills the economy has inflated to. I have to live in one room in my house with the heat on to be able to afford staying in the house.......Yet FIDO seems to think us seniors are wealthy enough to afford the shove it down your throat increases.............PISSED OFF LONG TIME CUSTOMER SINCE 1998.....................Looks like I'll be taking my business elsewhere

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Fido707,

Welcome to the community!

I understand it might be upsetting that Fido does not offer discounts for seniors. As far as I am aware, the Connecting Families Initiative is for high-speed internet and not necessarily for cellular services. I do not believe Fido offers home internet anymore so that initiative would not be applicable. Yes, Rogers (Fido's parent company) is a participating provider because they do offer internet services.

While there are some mobile providers offering discounts for seniors, many providers do not (see here, here, and here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers