Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming Roaming while in Italy

Pryt5
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Want to confirm my understanding. 

I have a Canada 'data, talk and text' plan.  I have Unlimited Canada-wide calling.  Heading for 12-days to Italy with my Fido phone.

I have no problem paying the $15 daily roaming fee while in Italy.   

And by paying that:

- I can use my plan's data allocation (i.e., looking a maps, looking at restaurant websites, etc...).

- I can call anyone back in Canada  with no extra charges.   Canada to Canada phones.

- I can even call local numbers for where I am in Italy... no extra charges.  Is that correct?

- If someone in Canada calls me while I'm in Italy, is anyone paying long-distance charges for that?

Appreciate the confirmations / corrections.                    PRYT5

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Pryt5,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, all of the Data, Talk & Text plans include and already have Fido Roam enabled. It would only be the Basic or Data-only plans which are not eligible for roaming. Pre-paid plans would only be able to roam on a pay-per-use basis. You can verify your line is enrolled for Fido Roam by texting ROAM to 222 (see link above).

@Pryt5 wrote:

And by paying that:

- I can use my plan's data allocation (i.e., looking a maps, looking at restaurant websites, etc...).

- I can call anyone back in Canada  with no extra charges.   Canada to Canada phones.

- I can even call local numbers for where I am in Italy... no extra charges.  Is that correct?

- If someone in Canada calls me while I'm in Italy, is anyone paying long-distance charges for that?...

Yes, you can use your plan's allotments, including data. Yes, you can call Canadian phone numbers with no additional charges. Yes, you can call numbers within your destination with no additional charges. If someone in Canada calls your phone while you are in Italy, there would not be any long-distance charges for the caller (you would incur Fido Roam charges, if not already activated for the day).

You should note that the daily charge is per calendar day and no longer 24 hours (see above link).

You might also consider verifying your device is compatible with the local networks in Italy.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers